Clear all

Hummingbird Electro Acoustic Setup

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@billy2424)
Topic starter  

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help me, I am trying to set up my hummingbird guitar to get the lowest action without fret buzz, I have read a lot online and can make sense of most of the information, the only thing troubling me is the saddle height.
On most guitar sites or youtube videos there is a measurement from the top of the fret to bottom of the string of the low E string and the high E sting at the twelfth fret.
all say make sure you sand the saddle flat an even which I have done and I can get my Low 2.3mm but my high E only goes down to 2mm when really it should be about 1.8mm.
Do I sand the saddle down at an angle towards the high E string to lower the height of the B And E string.
It has confused me because all tutorials say sand the saddle flat and I don't understand how you get the thinner strings lower to the twelfth fret??

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me.

Many thanks

(@supremesound)
Eminent Member

Have you looked at your neck? If there is too much bow upwards in your neck, you won't be able to get the action low enough. You should always start with making sure you have a straight neck with just a HINT of a bow upwards to allow for the vibration if the string. If you are in one of the areas where we offer our COMPLETE Guitar Repair & Set-Up Clinic, it's definitely worth checking out. We answer tons of questions about acoustics, electrics and basses. Truss rod, action, and intonation are all covered as well as acoustic bridge/saddles and all types of electric bridges and tremelos.

http://supremesoundstudio.com/clinics-workshops/complete-guitar-repairset-up-clinic/

All the best!
Brian

ReplyQuote