Clear all

Ibanez RG7420 project

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 DBV
(@dbv)
Topic starter  

Hi, this is my first post here, mainly looking for help and advice. I own a 2001 RG7420, fitted with a neck from an RG7620 (I believe this was due to an overproduction of the 7620 necks).

I've owned this guitar since 2002 and as you can see it has had some real abuse. I was very young when I first got this guitar so naturally I never handled it with care or maintained it in anyway shape or form. I've decided for nostalgias sake to strip the thing completely and rebuild with new hardware and a new paint job.

I'm currently awaiting delivery of a heat gun to help with the removal of the paint but I'm stumped as to which paint to buy once this is done. I'm aware I'll need a primer and acrylic poly paints but I'm unsure which brands would be good for this particular type of job. Is there any that anybody could recommend?

I will also be sinking an original floyd rose 7 trem in here as it's a direct swap out for the original lo-trs which honestly resembles a bag of smashed arseholes these days, along with some new pups so I will undoubtedly need further advice once that time comes.