Livewire Advantage Custom Cable Kits =(

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone used these with success? It came with no instructions and I am not getting a signal on the cables I am making.. Basically, I am pushing the little pointy male end into the cable, and tightening the two parts.. then screwing the little securing screw into the side of the cable.. seems like it would be easy..

Help

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

No experience with them myself, but based on the reviews on MF I'd think about returning them ...

Some excerpts:

First, there is nothing "easy" about this kit---no directions anywhere--box or website---and it takes a lot of effort to get the "docking connectors" to work. Second the kit came with less cord than the box claimed. And last, when I built the guitar cord, and finally got it to work, the straight 1/4 connectors were too "fat" to fit into a guitar jack. What is that all about??????

The strain 1/4" ends are a bit big. I had to push kinda hard to get them in. I was moving some things around and pulled it back out. The whole jack came apart rather than coming out. So I was left with a half a cable.

Great if you want a radio antenna...

:cry:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yep, that is kind of the experience I had.. They are trash. The screw strip out, some of the connectors wont come apart so that you can put a cable through, the connectors are fat.... really hoping I dont have trouble taking them back cause I need 4 cables asap

Thanks Mitch

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Yep, that is kind of the experience I had.. They are trash. The screw strip out, some of the connectors wont come apart so that you can put a cable through, the connectors are fat.... really hoping I dont have trouble taking them back cause I need 4 cables asap

Thanks Mitch

What size do you need? I think I have a handful of 12" right-angle jumper cables floating around. "Economy" quality but hey, they work. I wouldn't be able to send them until tomorrow though ... but let me know.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

really hoping I dont have trouble taking them back cause I need 4 cables asap

I suggest that you invite the salesman to make one up for you and demonstrate the result, using a nicely figured PRS.

If he has trouble, there is no way that he can refuse a refund. "Not fit for the purpose for which they were sold"

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote