Clear all

loss of sound

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@scottish-nutter)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hi, i have an epiphone les paul custom, i changed the pickups to alnico 2 about 5 months ago, i now get a loss of sound on the treble setting, it just fades out and can come back its self, i did give the guitar a small bang after it faded out earlier and it came back on, i have checked all the wires and the seem to be secure enough,
does anyone have any idea what this problem could be? i would rather be able to sort it myself than take it to a shop to get it fixed
thanks

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I've had this happen when there has been poor contact in my toggle switch. Next time it happens, try flipping the switch back and forth and see if this makes a difference. If it is the probem you can clean the contacts on the switch with a little alcohol. (Don't use beer) I've got one guitar, that if I don't play it for a while it does this. I work the switch back and forth a few times and it is fine. One day I will open it up and clean the contacts on the switch. It might not be the problem at all but worth a try.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@scottish-nutter)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the reply, i forgot to add that when i flip the toggle switch i get some crackling noise, its done this for a while but im not sure how long

ReplyQuote