Clear all

LP Saddle Wire Rattles

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Is there any way to repair or otherwise stop the rattle of the wire in the Gibson style tunomatic bridge saddle pieces?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Well, you know my solution. I just replace them with a "Nashville" style bridge. :?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Still satisfied with GF's?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Im very happy with my GFS replacement!! I made it three years before my Epi rattles began. The GFS one has been great, and not a peep out of it.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This one's wire is just plain loose. Makes it hard to determine if fret buzz or saddle-rattle at times. Made it a real pain to set up. I'm still not convinced what I did was right.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Happy as heck with mine! I have 2 Epi LP's and 2 Agile AL's that I have performed the conversion on. (My 2 Gibson LP's came with real ones on em) :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I was just on GF's site. I see nothing called "Nashville" anymore. I must be going blind or something.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

They don't list it as that. Just as a bridge

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

They don't list it as that. Just as a bridge
This one? http://store.guitarfetish.com/Vintage-Tuneomatic-Style-ABR-1-Bridge_p_830.html

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nope! This one ... http://store.guitarfetish.com/Large-Bushing-Tuneomatic-Style-Chrome-Bridge_p_444.html

The ones with the wire are known as ABR type.

I know, the pic shows the wire but it is wrong. Click the other pic with all the parts shown and that is correct. First time I ordered I E-Mailed them first to make sure. I think the pics for the black and gold are correct.

It says large bushing, fits all Epiphone Les Pauls. Oh, and leave the bushings in the guitar and just use the screw in posts and bridge. :wink:

Leave the bushings in the guitar and just use the screw in posts and bridge.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I didn't read that little bit the last time. :oops: :oops:

Yeah, whese are the ones down in my Epi Custom, only it was the gold one. they work just fine. The ones in the new one would probably work OK for a while, but that nanomag pup picks up every nuance of the guitar and sends it down the signal path. Very sensitive. I'll have to make that order soon. Thanks for the tips, guys.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

She's a beauty and wanna keep her that way! Hey Roy? You catching up to me in owning Les Pauls? :lol: I got 2 Gibbys, 2 Epis and 3 Agiles if I'm alowed to count those.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm only half way there. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Unless one of those double cuts lnd in my lap someday, I think I've reached my quota.
And of course you can count the agiles. :)

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Im sure you also know this but I will add it anyways... Took quite a bit of setup fussing on my end after the swap. The new one is quite a bit bigger, and took a bit of messing around to get the brake angle right. All in all it was a GREAT swap on my epi LP.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Took quite a bit of setup fussing on my end after the swap. The new one is quite a bit bigger, and took a bit of messing around to get the brake angle right.
What does that mean? The intonation or something? I don't think I've ever paid any attention to an angle. :oops:

Roy

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2