Notifications
Clear all

My mexican strat

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rabbitmaster27)
Topic starter  

I got a mexican stratocaster the other day and it played well but i didnt like a few things on it but i lived with them. The thing has a really weird bridge and i was wondering if i could switch it to a different bridge. The real reason im on here though is because when i bend my high E (1) or my B (2) strings they mute themselves and as i go further down the nick the notes start to have a bit of what seems like a muted buzz to them. They get quieter and they start to sound weird and off. I also would like to know more about brands of tuning heads and all that and different bridges and i know there are other forums but since i have one question i figured id ask more. Thanks in advance to everybody to help me, I am very greatful

(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

It sounds like the guitar is poorly set up. The MIM strat has a 9" radius frettboard and the bridge (all bridges) need to be set to that radius or there about.

ReplyQuote
(@rabbitmaster27)
Topic starter  

To explain stuff further all this happened when i changed strings and i noticed the height of the lowest four strings from the base of the bridge setup is the same and the lower two are completely different. I messed with the string tree on the head stock to see if that was an issue since i changed strings and it didnt do anything. I want to change the bridge also, i want something with sustain that would be for more of a clean sounding guitar than heavy metal if that makes any difference, but the style of the bridge is like a vintage style bridge for anybody who doesnt know and the two individual string pices are significantly higher than the others should i adjust them higher or leave it be

ReplyQuote
(@morbe)

+1 on the set up
I got a Mexi-Strat off Craigslist a couple of years ago and I put is Vintage noiseless Pups in it and wired it like an American Deluxe, Its honestly my favorite guitar, beating out an Ibanez full hollow body. I've been looking Craigslist every day to find another 200 dollar deal mexi-strat to put in fat 50's Pups.

Ibanez Hollowbody
1993 Fender Standard
1981 Fender Super Reverb
Fender Super Champ
Peavey Delta Blues 210

"If I live this life and can only bring happiness to one person then I've made a difference, even if that one person is me."

ReplyQuote
(@rabbitmaster27)
Topic starter  

It turned out that it was an easy fix. All i needed eas to raise the saddles heights of each string. So for other noobs who may experience this problem there you go.

ReplyQuote