Clear all

Need Help Soon! Please!

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@mercymefan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey I really need some help, so i'm working on restring my steel string acoustic/electric gutiar, but this is my FIRST TIME EVER doing it, and i've been working on the first (Thickist) string and everytime I get it tooned up, it has this buzzing sound that sounds like its coming from what I think is the Stock (Where all the tuners are) and I don't know what it is.

Also It looks like the pin keeping the string in, I don't recall it being out quite that far, though when I took it up it doesn't pop out or anything, but i'm worried once I fix the first problem and get the guitar strung, it will pop out and i'll have to redo everything with the strings now tangled.

So if you know what that is and the first thing, I REALLY NEED HELP!

EDIT THE thing with the pin is I pull fairlly hard on the string, and it pops out just a little but now totally, i'm worried while playing it will pop out. :(

(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

first do you have all the strings on the guitar? if you have them all of and you just put the e on then the neck is slightly bent from lack of tension, causing the string to hit the frets. try putting all the strings on it and tuning it up before you get seriously worried about buzzing.

as for the bridge pins just try pushing them in

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@mercymefan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Buzzing problem solved, I had 2 other strings off and the tuners are a little loose so they were buzzing lol.

But i'm still worried about the pin at the bridge, I don't want to get hurt or anything while playing, i'm just worried it will pop out and that will make have to resting that string, which is quite a hassel since i've never been one to restring every 3 months.

But if it poping out a little is alright this I feel better, but it made a loud, I can't really discripe the sound while I was tighting, the first string, I think the pin jumped out a little, so I kind of need to know if that is normal.

Thanks for any help I can get

and thanks after blast.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The pin should have slot down it. After you put the string into the bridge you need to line up the slot with the string, if you don't the pin won't push into the bridge as far as it should. The ball end of the string is held in place by the underside of the guitars top. The pin should hold the string in place to keep the ball where it should be.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

The tension on the string should keep the string in place once you've tuned the guitar up.

ReplyQuote
(@mercymefan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Paul, thats very reasuring, i've had the strings in for a day or 2 and there getting broken in and staying tuned, and nothings happend so your post is making me feel safe about everything with the strings.

Thanks! :D

ReplyQuote