Clear all

Need Help w/ my Jackson JS30RR Rhoads

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@lykan)
Topic starter  

Hello

I have had my Jackson JS30RR Rhoads guitar for about a year now and I never had any sort of problem with it until a month ago. The problem is that my upper strings over power the bottom thinner strings. You can't hear them at all when you try to play them at the same time. I tried messing around with my amp but no matter what settings I put it in the problem is still there. I really dont know much about this Jackson so if anybody could help me with some suggestions on what I should do it would be great. Thanx

(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

other than ur amp did you check the tone controls on the guitar?

has anything on your guitar been changed/repaired/messed with/acted funny? or did this just start happening without any apparent cause? sometimes something small and seemingly insignificant could be to blame.

by the way welcome to GN :D

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@lykan)
Topic starter  

To be honest I dont think anything has been messed around with well atleast that i know of, cause I do have the problem that my brat of a cousin goes into my room and starts touching anything he can lay his hands on. Is there anything that he could have done to cause such a problem? By the way thanx for the welcome!

ReplyQuote
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

my brat of a cousin goes into my room and starts touching anything he can lay his hands on.

you should consider investing in a locking guitar case.

most of the stuff I can think of involves using a screwdriver. if your cousin is'nt old enough to use one then I guess it can be counted out.
try this, look at your pickups, do they appear to be on the same angle as usual or do they look like they've had their height changed? iv they've been changed then that could very well be whats causing your problem.

hope this helps :)

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@lykan)
Topic starter  

Thanks I'll check that out....yeah that little punk is 12 years old, ohhhh and I wouldn't doubt he would be messing around with a screwdriver LoL....Thanks again

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Have you checked to see if the pickups are the right height from the strings. From vibration they can become unadjusted enough to cause this behavior.

Joe

ReplyQuote