Notifications
Clear all

Need Wiring assistance

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@progrmr)
Topic starter  

I have an old Samick that I'm re-wiring..mostly just for fun, the guitar needed a new input anyway but I figured I'll clean up all the connections while I'm in there.

anyway I have 2 single coil and 1 dimarzio super distortion humbucker, and a 5 way, 2 pole switch. But the switch doesn't look like most of the wiring diagrams I've found.

The single coils each have 2 wires - 1 with red and black, another with white and blue. The DiMarzio has 4 wires - green, red, white, black. Here's a pick of my switch

I assume the center connection is ground. Each of the 5 positions results in contacts being made across both poles. So here's my question - how do I wire the pickups? For the single coils (neck first) I can identify the connections being made on both poles. Does each wire go to each pole since the singles only have 2 wires? I could wire the middle single the same way, which leaves 1 set of contacts on both poles for the humbucker.

Am I thinking right??

(@progrmr)
Topic starter  

OK so maybe I was wrong...I have 2 tone controls and 1 volume. In looking at the wiring diagrams, it would appear that the tone controls go to the opposite pole on the switch for each of the singles. The humbucker is just straight straight with only 1 pole for series wiring.

Sound good??

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

You will probably find what you need here. But maybe if you give us the rest of the componets we can try to help out more. How many tone, volume pots?

ReplyQuote