New home-made pedal..?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rob77)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Howdy,
I've got a couple of guitars I swap between for different songs during the set, or if the bigsby goes out due to my exuberance. To save Fluffing around between songs (amp on standby, lead out, guitar on stand, go & get other guitar out of case, lead in, standby off) I was thinking of building a stomp-box with a number of inputs, & one output so all can be plugged in at once (guitars on stands or rack) & then just hit the button for the one you want to use. Can anyone see any problems with this? I was just going to use a simple channel swapping switch to start with. Alternatively I could use a switch for each guitar (& corresponding LED) so I could have more than two options.......

Any thoughts or ideas?

Does anyone know where I could just buy the unit or stomp-box casings (the hardest part to make)?

Cheers :twisted:

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Good idea!
My brother has a Behringer switch box - you can switch between 2 guitars on one amp or 1 guitar on 2 amps. I want one too:) I don't think it costs a lot... :roll:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Hammond is the place most people seem to get their pedal housings from

http://www.hammondmfg.com/scpg.htm#Ext

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Morley and others make such switching boxes -- with and without the LED indicators. They are not very expensive, unless you go "boutique." So unless you really want to do the build project, you may want to look a some of these.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rob77)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

That's great! I don't really want to build it, but I couldn't find a commercial one. I'll chase up Berhinger & Morley - thanks dudes!

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

ReplyQuote