Notifications
Clear all

New member with questions

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@robblue)
Topic starter  

Hi chaps...yes I´m the newB....a little intro about myself...I´m Mexican, Architect and yes with a new addiction about guitars...that lead me here of course ;)
I´ve read a pair of posts and seems that this is one of the good forums around with nice people and common sense answers and comments...so I´ll join you in :D

I´m looking for a wiring diagram for my axe...I´m redoing the mess inside. The set up is ESP LTD M-200 has a pair of Dimarzios humbuckers, a Steve Special at neck and a Evolution at bridge.
Finally decided to go for a 1meg volume pot and a 500k for tone along with a 2200 fp cap.
The big question here is that I don't know how to rewire the 3 way switch....I mean I can follow the way it is wired at the mo...but I want to explore any other setups available for connecting the pups maybe coil split or something.
Shot any comments about the pots and cap along with any info about that switch to play around with different wirings.
Thanks.

Rob. 8)

lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

No idea about wiring, but I think I'm entitled to say welcome :D
You can make a formal introduction in the meet and greet forum

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@robblue)
Topic starter  

No idea about wiring, but I think I'm entitled to say welcome :D
You can make a formal introduction in the meet and greet forum
Thanks Lars ;)
I will do so a formal intro that is :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@xylembassguitar)
Trusted Member

Hi RobBlue,

Sounds like a pretty cool setup!

Check out Stewmac.com, they have a lot of different wiring diagrams in the "free information" section (or just type "wiring diagrams into their site search field). That should help you out.

Stewmac.com should at the very least get you started with some ideas. If they don't have what you're looking for in the "free information" take a look at some of the books they sell, you might find a good book all about wiring.

Good luck!

Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Seymour Duncan's site. Enter the guitar specs and what you want to do in the interactive part and voila ... up pops a wiring diagram. http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@robblue)
Topic starter  

Hi RobBlue,

Sounds like a pretty cool setup!

Check out Stewmac.com, they have a lot of different wiring diagrams in the "free information" section (or just type "wiring diagrams into their site search field). That should help you out.

Stewmac.com should at the very least get you started with some ideas. If they don't have what you're looking for in the "free information" take a look at some of the books they sell, you might find a good book all about wiring.

Good luck!

Ah! great tip! lots of good info there

ReplyQuote
(@robblue)
Topic starter  

Seymour Duncan's site. Enter the guitar specs and what you want to do in the interactive part and voila ... up pops a wiring diagram. http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

Sweet link there mate!....lots of good diagrams, thanks a lot ;)

ReplyQuote