Clear all

Ovation_Player Recognised

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This board was started on 24th January 2004 - so I here by recognise that Ovation_Player did make the suggetsion for this board first on 22nd January 2004.

Sorry i didn't mean to piss you off - so if i did i'm sorry....

Pet - (i would put from DaveC aswell but he just sat on his butt and did nothing).

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Yep but he didn't bug me as much as you did.

Thanks ovation player.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well Nick,

I was taught that if you wan't to achieve things the only person who can make it happen is you.

Pet

ReplyQuote
(@ovation_player)
Trusted Member

Heck I'm not pissed off I didn't  even mean to make a big deal about it.

Pet ,Thanks for taking action on my suggestion.

As my wife would tell you "he's ok with coming up with ideas not  so good on follow through"

I still haven't glued the bridge back on my guitar My excuse is I don't have a clamp.  At least not one that will fit a guitar. Is there anything that can be used instead of a clamp?

"This song starts off kinda slow then fizzles out altogether" Neil Young

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

clothes pins

ReplyQuote
(@mcbobie)
Eminent Member

I think a clothes pin isn't long enough. What you need is a small block clamp small enough to fit in your sound hole yet no so large as to poke out from the back.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Heavy duty magnets

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Your hands and paitence.  Maybe hire a few neighborhood kids to hold it and pay them with candy.  Or not pay them at all.    ::)

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@jalma)
Eminent Member

I am assuming this is a bridge for a classical or a flattop.
I have had success with white glue and masking tape to hold the bridge in place and making a temporary clamp from two long wood slats laid across the guitar top and back. tie together the ends on one side put a block on the bridge and under the slat on the top tie a loop in a string  and put it on the free end of the bottom slat then loop the string over the free end of the top slat and pull tight so as to put pressure on the bridge then wrap the string around the same ends of the bottom and top slat and tie very tight( do not over tighten so as to cave the top in, this kind of pressure is not required). Leave on for about 72 hours for the glue to dry. Worked for me.

ReplyQuote