Clear all

Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@preacher)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all, I started up my amp (a Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube) today, and while it did actually turn on, when I plugged in my Lucille, no sound came out. I checked both channels, and found that if you turn it all the way up, you get a muffled fuzzed out sound on the clean channel. From what Ive read, its something to do with the transformer, but Im looking to get a few more opinions as to what it could be, and how I could go about fixing it. Thanks,
-Preacher

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hey all, I started up my amp (a Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube) today, and while it did actually turn on, when I plugged in my Lucille, no sound came out. I checked both channels, and found that if you turn it all the way up, you get a muffled fuzzed out sound on the clean channel. From what Ive read, its something to do with the transformer, but Im looking to get a few more opinions as to what it could be, and how I could go about fixing it. Thanks,
-Preacher

You may be right, however on my son's identical amp, it was the original Peavey speaker (coil).

You can troubleshoot that by running the amp chassis through another speaker or a whole cabinet.

When my Lucille fails me, though I hardly ever play her, it's because I plug into the wrong guitar jack.

Since the guitar is wired for stereo and has two jacks, the wrong jack will allow only one pickup to work. :?

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote