Clear all

pickup pole heights

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@blacknbluedog)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi I am a newbie looking to buy a beginners electric. Went to check out a Squire Affinity Strat for $40.00. I would buy it except I noticed that all the poles on the pickups are adjusted almost flush with the flat surface of the pickup. On other guitars that I have seen the height of the poles are varying heights. Should I avoid this purchase. An amp was not available for testing. If this is normal then I think I will buy it.
Thanks

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's normal. There are Strat pickups with staggered poles, and flush ones.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@blacknbluedog)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ricochet thanks for the info. I guess I'll make the purchase. I just hope that all the innards are in working order but no way to check till I get it plugged in.
Thanks again
Brian

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's a very basic, cheap guitar, but fundamentally sound. One was the first guitar in our household, and we still have it. One position on the pickup switch quit working and had to be resoldered. No other problems. I wouldn't spend money on "upgrades," just what it might take to keep it working.

ReplyQuote
(@blacknbluedog)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I am now the proud owner of a new (for me) Squire Affinity Strat. Now if I can learn to play like Clapton.... :lol: Next onthe list is a Vox Amplug or something similar.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

All right!

ReplyQuote