Notifications
Clear all

Pickup switch suddenly backwards

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@seawaver)
Topic starter  

So i polished my guitar and changed out the strings today. I have a sterling majesty. I didn't mess with any of the wiring. I removed the pickups bur left them connected so i could clean around and under them without damaging them. I put the guitar back together and tuned it up and immediately noticed the sound was very thin and tinny. I tried the tone knob and it was already maxed out on the darker side of it. Then i tried the pickup switch which i always leave up which is the bridge pickup. Thats when i found out that it had somehow been reversed. Up was now the neck pickup and down was the bridge. I could live with this if it wasnt for the fact that even on the bridge it sounds way more tinny than it was before. I play a lot of hard rock and metal so this is a big problem for me. As i said i did not mess with any wiring. I also did not touch the selector switch. It stayed installed thru the process. I looked at all the wiring and it still looks fine. No wires are broken. Any clues?

(@alangreen)

Haven't got a pull-up coil split have you?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@seawaver)
Topic starter  

No just a "push-push" boost powered by battery

ReplyQuote