Close
Skip to content

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Please help! weird string vibration (video link inside)

(@shunkusanagi2001)
Topic starter  

Hi everybody , i am new to this forum as well as to guitar playing . i've just recently gotten a brand new Ibanez rg2550z guitar , after playing around with it i noticed a problem in the low E string (heaviest) string. I am just a beginner in guitar and i have just started taking private lessons. Originally i thought my problem is just common fret buzzing.but i have shown this problem to my guitar teacher and he said its not buzzing and had no idea what the problem is . This problem has really been bothering me and i am really don't' want to send my brand new guitar back for a repair( i ordered it online from a store in another state). I've browsed the whole forum but still left with no clue to what my problem might be, but i know that you guys are definitely knowledgeable about guitars so can you guys please help me ?

since its difficult to describe the problem i'll post a video shot in close-up angle to show what the string is actually doing . ( it is doing a weird vibration when played , it kind of vibrates , stops( or vibrates less) and then vibrate again. and my teacher also notice a change(fluctuation) in pitch of the note played)

here's the link to the youtube video showing the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X21o56DIVmg

Thanks in advance, any help will be sincerely appreciated!

(@akflyingv)
Reputable Member

Maybe the pickups are too close to the strings and the magnet is pulling......that is just a guess though.

ReplyQuote
(@shunkusanagi2001)
Topic starter  

i am not too sure about that being the problem because the guitar does this even when its not plugged in , but your help is very very much appreciated , Thank you!!!

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Lower the neck pickup. That's a classic case of stratitis.

It doesn't have to be a lot . . . 1/8" (3mm) at a time is plenty

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

i am not too sure about that being the problem because the guitar does this even when its not plugged in , but your help is very very much appreciated , Thank you!!!

Even when it's not plugged in the magnets are active.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@shunkusanagi2001)
Topic starter  

I see, silly me , i'll give that a try as soon as i get home. Thank you guys sooooo much for responding! you guys rock!

ReplyQuote