Clear all

Problem with my guitar

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@laurencohan)
Topic starter  

Hello, brand new here.

I have an issue with my guitar (Jackson JS32R). It's a floyd rose guitar, straight neck, holds tune fairly well, medium amount of fret buzz no matter how high i raise the bridge. But that's not even the greatest problem. The issue is with trying to hammer-on 3 or 4 notes in a row /sequence. Im talking about for example trying to hammer on 12-14-15.. The tone would totally die out by the time it reaches the 15th fret.
While when picking (from what I see) it's fine. I'm not really sure what to do. I can't really provide pictures now but I'm hoping some of you intelligent people know what it might be about. Feel free to ask any questions, i should respond almost immediately, THANK YOU!

(@laurencohan)
Topic starter  

Is bumping allowed here..?

Bump.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

It's not frowned upon, but it probably won't get you any more attention.

Your problem with the fret buzz could easily be a misaligned neck (look along the side of it to see if it's warped) - if the fret buzz is there when you play an open string then take the guitar to someone who knows what they're doing to adjust the truss rod.

Your hammer-on problem is a problem with your technique, not the guitar; you're not hammering on hard enough - "vertically, hard and fast" is the way to do it.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@laurencohan)
Topic starter  

Hello Alan,

The problem is not my technique, the guitar was never like this before, then overtime it got worse and worse and now..practically unplayable.. Not only that but, any other guitar i try playing it is just sooooooooo much nicer. Including my 90 euro chinese strat...

Cheers though, I will check about the neck thing!

ReplyQuote