removing adhesives / stickers :::::::::::::::::::::

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey.
I wanna replace one of the vignal decals on my guitar, so I heated it up and scraped it off, but I need something to remove the adhesive stuff left.
...Whats the cheapest, half-assed way of doing it?

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Are you kidding me?

Lighter fluid.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

On chrome and car paint I use gasoine. I never had to use in on wood so I don't what the effects would be.

ReplyQuote
(@eclips3)
Eminent Member

Standard Issue Lamp Oil is marvellous for removing sticker glue! I'm talking about the stuff that comes in allsorts of colours made for glass lamps, use the clear stuff as the red, blue, green e.t.c. might stain a bit.

Hope you come right :D

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Listen to Nick. Lighter fluid will take it right off.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

3M make this citrus-based adhesive remover comes in couple different ways to apply it. You can also get this other type citrus clean at a wallmart type stores that will remove adheives to.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

ooOOOOOOH Man are you guys kidding?

You just know I can't let lighter fluid and stickers pass me by :twisted: Muhaha Muhahaha

*goes of to find soldering iron and a BBQ*

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

There's this stuff called "Goo Gone". A friend of mine recommended it to me for removing the adhesive that was left on the chrome pickups of my new Epi LP. They had these clear decals indicating they were Gibson pickups. it worked great! I was able to get it at Wal-Mart in the hardware dept. where they have the paint thinner and other such things. Check it out; it's suypposed to remove any kindf of adhesive left from removing things like tape, decals, bumper stickers, et al.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. I found that some soapy wood cleaner worked fine....and left an extra shiny guitar :D

ReplyQuote