Clear all

Replacement pickups for twin neck

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@straycat-2)
Topic starter  

I'm brand-new here and looking for advice

I just bought a "project" twin neck (6/12 string) someone made.
The necks are OK but the single coil "Fender-look-a-like" pick-ups suck.
I'd like to replace all the pick-ups and was wondering what is the best bang for the buck.

The whole idea behind buying to twin neck is to play Hotel California, with the 12 string intro, and the over drive lead on the 6-string (just to give you an idea of the sound I'm looking for)

I'd like to stay away from "active" pickups and would consider humbucking pickups if I can solve the space problem on the 6-string (it presently has 3 single-coils).

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Lil-Killer-White-Humbucker-Humbucker-Strats-3-Versions-Available_p_463.html

I own one of these. Sound great. 95% as good as my Seymour Duncan Hotrails. They come in white, black and cream. Guitar Fetish has all kinds of budget minded pickups with IMO very good sound.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@straycat-2)
Topic starter  

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Lil-Killer-White-Humbucker-Humbucker-Strats-3-Versions-Available_p_463.html

I own one of these. Sound great. 95% as good as my Seymour Duncan Hotrails. They come in white, black and cream. Guitar Fetish has all kinds of budget minded pickups with IMO very good sound.

Thanks for the info. Actually your reply guided me to the Seymour Duncan Hotrails (didn't know Strat-size humbuckers existed). I checked my local Singapore dealer and the SD Hotrails are only 23% more expensive compared to me buying the Lil-Killers in the US, shipping them here and paying import duties.

Thanks for the reply! just what I needed!!

ReplyQuote