Clear all

Restringing Issue

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@weltall)
Topic starter  

Hi Everybody,
First let me say thanks in advance for any help you can give me for this issue im having. I play a Fender Stratocaster, recently I tried to restring my guitar and its had an odd effect on my guitar. Whenever i go to tune my guitar the E, A, D, and G strings tune nicely but as im done with the G i notice the string saddles are being pulled up slightly. When I go to tune my B it will tune fine but then the rest of my strings will down tune a full step down. Im not sure whats wrong with my guitar or why Im having this issue but its driving me crazy I cant seem to tune any more than 4 strings without it being pulled up detuning everything.

(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Hi Everybody,
First let me say thanks in advance for any help you can give me for this issue im having. I play a Fender Stratocaster, recently I tried to restring my guitar and its had an odd effect on my guitar. Whenever i go to tune my guitar the E, A, D, and G strings tune nicely but as im done with the G i notice the string saddles are being pulled up slightly. When I go to tune my B it will tune fine but then the rest of my strings will down tune a full step down. Im not sure whats wrong with my guitar or why Im having this issue but its driving me crazy I cant seem to tune any more than 4 strings without it being pulled up detuning everything.
The trem on a strat will move a bit as you tighten the strings. So as you bring each string up to pitch, it may infact detune others. That being said if you go back and retune the strings to pitch it should stay after a round or two. Have you tryed retuning the strings, and if so do they stay in tune after?? Just as a example when I restring my Resonator, Ill have to retune 3-4 times, as the tightening strings push the cone down.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Sounds like your trem needs a little more tension on the springs. It is pulling foreward as you add tension to the strings.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote