Clear all

saddle

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

so i broke the saddle on my b string, and my friend put a quick replacement on it. however the saddle seems to be lower then the other ones so it is is botteming out like crazy, i then went to guitar center to try to buy the propoer one, and they said that the saddle shouldnt be at different heights, is there some way of adjusting the saddle so it sits higher up?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

depends on the kind of guitar, i believe. however, on my old strat copy, there were little screws that adjusted the height of each individual saddle. you might need a tiny allen wrench or screwdriver to adjust it. look at the saddle carefully and see if you see something like that that might look like it'll affect the height.

ReplyQuote
(@jaycee)

As Jason said it depends on the type of guitar. Most electrics have adjustable saddles. On the strat as mentioned there are two small allen screws which you turn to lower or raise the strings

If you havent allready solved the problem let us know what guitar you have and you should get the correct answer

"Listen to it ,Feel it, Play it"

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Here are pictures of the 4 most common bridge styles http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/action.htm , which one looks most like yours?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote