Clear all

Soundhole Rosette (ovation celebrity)

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mark-taylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Help!! I just bought a used Celebrity (Korean model). The plastic? rosette is trying to fall off. It is loose near the bottom of the hole and looks like some kind of adhesive was used to hold it on. Does anybody have any idea what type of glue might keep it in place without damaging the finish under? Real cheap idea. Just glued the plastic ring right on to the body. On top of finish and all. Anyways, it is a good player. I'm open to all ideas.

Mark

You can ride a Yamaha, or play a Yamaha, it is up to you.

(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Go to...
http://www.stewmac.com/

You should find someting there.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Stew-Mac sells 3M double-sided adhesive sheets for mounting of acoustic guitar pickguards. Seems like that would do the job, as it's specifically for use on finished surfaces. Part number 4597.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@jmfava)

Thank you for the great advice! I ordered and used the 3M adhesive and found it to work very well. On my Ovation Matrix, I removed the rosette (didn't come up very well) and cut out a semi-circle from the adhesive sheet and placed the rosette back on the guitar. Damage defintely done to the rosette but at least it's down in place.

That was the warmup ... for the second, a 1771 Balladeer LX, I was able to gently pry back only the section that was loose (and causing persistent buzzing!) and affix the tape - has held pretty well and the buzzing is gone!

Really hate Ovation's cheap rosettes! As you heard me, both of my Ovations had loose rosettes so I was really upset and needed to know there was a way to fix this without damaging the guitars.

Thanks again for your suggestion - it works!

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

+1 on Greg's post - I have an Ovation which had the same issue. Quick and simple to fix, though.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote