Notifications
Clear all

Strat Setup Issue

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jaxongamer)
Topic starter  

Hey fellow axe welders! I have a problem that I was hoping you guys could help me out with. I have a HSS Paisley Strat that I recently decided to change the strings on and give a basic setup to. I set it up based upon the specs provided by Fender. But much to my dismay I now have a string buzz from my 12th fret on up that makes me mash my teeth. I have done a basic setup on both my Tele and Epiphone SG and have had what I would call “amateur” success with them. I started tinkering with my Strat again last night and started thinking it was something with the tremolo system. So, I tighten up the claw and loosened the screws by the saddles until the trem was almost flush with the body. By complete accident I bumped the trem and raised it just a hair and you know what, it stopped the buzz!!! It also doesn’t seem to be affected my string height either. So this is what I am wondering, is there any way to shim the trem to keep it at this level? I was thinking about maybe getting some small washers for the screws to put between the trem and the body. I work full time during the day and I am a professional theater performer by night, so I can’t justify paying the $65-75 for a guitar setup unless I was actually playing with other people or gigging. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

(@shredgeek)
Eminent Member

Hello, is your trem a 6 point or two point trem?

ReplyQuote