Clear all

String "Buzz" Question

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I bought a new Yamaha Pacifica (PAC 012) guitar about a month ago and while practicing the other night, I noticed that the last two high strings (B and E) were buzzing when played open. I thought it might be the amp, so I switched to a nearly new Fender Frontman R25 and it did the same thing. I know it's hard to diagnose without seeing it, but could it just be that I need to replace the original strings, or is this an issue with the guitar itself?

Thanks,
KC

(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

Does it still buzz when you put your hand on the strings, through the amp?? Or is it more of a rattling type sound when you pick the string???

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Does it still buzz when you put your hand on the strings, through the amp?? Or is it more of a rattling type sound when you pick the string???

Thanks Flying V, it is more of a ratling sound when I pick the open string. It also happens when I strum with all of the strings open.

KC

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

Your guitar just needs a good setup, the strings are probably rattling off of a fret. You could do it yourself or take it to a music store and get someone to do it for you. Most places around here do it pretty cheap for around $10. There are some good websites someone else could recommend if you would like to do it yourself. I'm at work right now and can't remember any of the addresses off the top of my head

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks again. I'm not sure if the local GC does set up work or not. I will call them and see.

ReplyQuote