Clear all

strings?

16 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Okay everyone get yer thinking caps on.Just changed strings on a couple guitars -normal eh!When did they no longer include an extra E string?does not seem that long ago when we got an extra B and E
broke a couple E strings so glad the ones taken off were able to be used or I'd be up the creek so bottom line the rest are changed exept for those beloved E strings :evil:

Heroes Don't wear capes.They wear Dog tags

(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I've never had an extra E string in any package that I've purchased.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

I've never had an extra string in any set I've ever bought.

I change them at least once per month, so I really don't need an extra one (but I did purchase a couple of single strings and keep them in my guitar case - just for an unexpected emergency).

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

I think Rotosounds come with an extra high E ... or at least I think they did at one time. :?:

Haven't seen them with other makers though.

ReplyQuote
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've never had an extra E string in any package that I've purchased.all I can or would say to this
is back in the day of using Ernie Ball strings they always had extras,mostly E strings but many times a B too.we are talking about decades here(i.e. back in the day).know a couple of Mfg's so may ask them what happened? Not a big deal but was for all intensive puposes great for avid players that play a lot.use D'AAdar or GHS light or X light now with that special G I posted about before depending on which axe is being played. sounds almost like a new comer to strings don't it?Just Sayin

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I've never had an extra E string in any package that I've purchased.all I can or would say to this
is back in the day of using Ernie Ball strings they always had extras,mostly E strings but many times a B too.we are talking about decades here(i.e. back in the day).know a couple of Mfg's so may ask them what happened? Not a big deal but was for all intensive puposes great for avid players that play a lot.use D'AAdar or GHS light or X light now with that special G I posted about before depending on which axe is being played. sounds almost like a new comer to strings don't it?Just Sayin

I've been playing for about 2 years, so I don't know about decades ago.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I know decades ago -- don't recall any extras in EB strings back then either. however, it's possible the store owner decided to add these, as sealing the packages is a "recent" innovation.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have heard and been told Electric Rotosound Roto Yellows (10-46) have extras in them.just electric not so with their acoustic sets.

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

Yeah some strings come with an extra E string, the only strings I've seen that come with that xtra one are Magmas, never seen any extra B strings though.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I wanna be that guy that you wish you wereand what's that supposed to mean?I can back up what I post/say.have even cut a demo ,well it is from log ago.point is We made one and I can still do decent chops.do not have to prove anything to anyone but myself. I'm out of town for today

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I wanna be that guy that you wish you wereand what's that supposed to mean?I can back up what I post/say.have even cut a demo ,well it is from log ago.point is We made one and I can still do decent chops.do not have to prove anything to anyone but myself. I'm out of town for today
It's not directed at you, it's part of his signature - there's a line between text and sig areas.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

know what a sig is. Coolnama iS a guy? i'd say find a new one.upbeat if possible.looked at profile.maybe age 14 that can't be done on their part.any woo if Magma's are the only strings they know of the come with an extra string they're very limited in the knowledge of em

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Tactful- could I gently suggest you remember your name?

Doesn't matter much what you think of somebody's sig, there's no need to be rude about it. Coolnama's sig wasn't directed at you, so there's no need to be snappy or critical. NObody here is going to insult you, your chops, or the validity of your ideas or contributions. It isn't that kind of a forum.

I've never seen any strings at all with an extra in the pack. Doesn't mean I'm limited in my experience, or that I'm fourteen. I've bought a lot of decent strings, never got an extra. Maybe it's not as common in my area as in yours? I would love an extra b string, as that seems to be the one I always break, and am tired of buying new sets every time...

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Tactful- could I gently suggest you remember your name?

Doesn't matter much what you think of somebody's sig, there's no need to be rude about it. Coolnama's sig wasn't directed at you, so there's no need to be snappy or critical. NObody here is going to insult you, your chops, or the validity of your ideas or contributions. It isn't that kind of a forum.

I've never seen any strings at all with an extra in the pack. Doesn't mean I'm limited in my experience, or that I'm fourteen. I've bought a lot of decent strings, never got an extra. Maybe it's not as common in my area as in yours? I would love an extra b string, as that seems to be the one I always break, and am tired of buying new sets every time...

Best,
AndePoint taken Ande.have already replied to a PM abut this saying nothing from now on will be taken personally.the forum is a gem I agree

as to getting extra strings may I suggest investigating Rotosound Roto yellow's or Reds?if need be ordering bulk of either E or B or both works too at 60 cents a pop zzounds anyway.they don't carry Rotosound but others do like MF for example bought some myself E,B and G.your pitfall is the b mine is g

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

I've always wondered why some strings break more than others.

I didn't used to break many at all, until I started using the trem more. Now every two to three weeks, my gutiar, which usually stays in tune really well, starts going out of tune horribly. (on all strings.)

This seems to be a sign something is weakening, and if I don't change the strings right away, then in a few days the B goes POP! Always the B. Never any other. I kept playing for a while without a B string once, seeing if the others were close to going- but they all seemed solid.

BEst,
Ande

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2