Clear all

SX 57 changes

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey, all. I bought some "chrome" pick-up covers meant to go on my SX 57 "strat". They don't fit. The pickups on the SX are integrated into the "cover". I guess I would need open coil singles to use the pick-up covers. I am not totally satisfied with the sound of the stock pick-ups on the SX 57, so I may change them out. Originally, I was just looking to change the look.

This is just FYI. I don't really need any advice.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i kinda think that's odd...i know humbuckers with covers sometimes are soldered together, but single coils??

am i the only one who thinks that's weird?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

U2, I think it's really wierd, too. I don't see how you'd solder a plastic cover. Maybe they're glued or something.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It is glued and when I started to pry the base from what looks like a cover, it did not come apart the correct way. It is no big deal, cause, in retrospect, I am unhappy with the sound of the pickups with any bit of distortion. I feel they should handle the job better. They are okay for a clean sound, but not wonderful.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote