Clear all

The strangest noise ever

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@alehnduvas)
Topic starter  

Good evening, guys.

My name is Alessandro and I appreciate how this website is organized.

I'd like to ask you a question.

My guitar produces the strangest noise ever!

It's a Martin DRSGT and when I fret the 6th string at the 7th fret and then pluck the D string open, what happens is that this string (the D string) makes a prolonged buzz. A similar thing, but less intense, involves the first three strings. When I invert the steps, nothing changes: for example, if I pluck the D string open first, it sounds good until I fret the 6th at the 7th fret - as soon as the finger presses the E string, the buzz appears. I think it is necessary to investigate about how the entire guitar reacts when the 6th string is fretted at the 7th fret: probably something happens which influences the entire instrument. But what? Also, it's important to notice that if the 6th string is pressed in the middle between the 6th and the 7th fret, the noise is not produced. I hope you can help.

Thanks very much.

(@supremesound)
Eminent Member

Could be the neck needs to be slightly adjusted or the action may beed an adjustment. Tough to say without seeing. Also, are the frets ok? Any excessive wear? Do you have a high fret or a low fret? Definitely things you'll need to check out.

ReplyQuote