Clear all

Warped neck

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@sparrow-aka-honor-roller)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

My roommates Norman now has a warped neck. He's had the guitar a year and a half and has taken it to the store 3-4 times to get the neck adjusted. They told him this time that it looks like it shrunk from being too dry (they couldn't do neck adjustment) and advised a month sitting in the case with humidifiers. Any advice on this? Downtuning, will that help the situation or no? Is this even going to work? I'm not sure what sitting in a case is going to do for the guitar. I would assume it needs some sort of help getting back into form. Is this going to cause problems in the future? The neck looks to me straight, then a dip in the neck from around the 6th fret to the 10th or eleventh. It's twisted before but does not seem to be so this time, just slightly, bass strings towards the player (i'm not really sure how to describe that better. Any suggestions appreciated.

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'm not familiar with brand of guitar. it sounds like someting more was wrong with the guitar from the word go. It's not uncommon what your asking about. I would try what they recommended and see if it helps. There are also times when a neck can't be simple fixed, I have a few.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

If I'm correct Norman is a branch of Godin right. So if my acoustic Art & Lutherie. My guitars neck got warped really bad, while kept in decent conditions. The people at the store couldn't explain it. The guitar was sent back to Quebec to recieve a new neck. It's alot nice, both to play, and to look at. However, they never told me my guitar was gone, and they said it would take 3 weeks, but it took like 8 1/2 weeks. Maybe, if his is still under warranty, that might be an option.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'm doubtful that humidity can fix that issue permanently.

If the wood was used while it hadn't cured enough, temporarily raising the humidity may fix it. As soon as you let the humidity drop to normal levels though, it will warp right back.

ReplyQuote