Skip to content
Wiring Diagram and ...

Notifications
Clear all

Wiring Diagram and Lespaul Style Togle Switch plate Help!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 j31
(@j31)
Topic starter  

Hi ive been playing guitar about 6 years and building for about a year this is my second build but on this one i decided to frankenstine some of the guitars in my collection, using a Strat i made and a B.C. Rich Bich is back 25th aniversary body art serise's neck , pickups, and toggle switch, i have cut the lower horn off the pickgaurd of the strat and removed one tone pot to be replaced with a 2 way single push single throw switch, i have no ideas about wiring and was hoping to find someone who could make a wiring diagram so i could wire it,

It has one 2 wire single coil in middle position which i want to wire to the 2 way switch ( so i can flip it on an off with no control on it other then that) and 2 one wire B.C. Rich humuckers in neck and bridge positions which i want to wire to a master volume and 3 way les paul style switch then take it from both the switches to an output jack it also has the standard through body tremolo claw ground wire.

Also does anyone know of a website that makes custom les paul style toggle switch plates i saw one a few months ago but i cant remember or find it anymore.

Oh and this is my first post to GN so... Hi?

(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Greasy grooves will make you a custom toggle plate @ greasygrooves.com

I think what you want to do, if I'm reading you right, is to put the mini toggle for the single coil directly after the pickup. So you are either letting it through to the circuit or killing it. You could add it to the circuit at any point after that. In the simplest circuits you would have three more variations on the standard les paul type three way with the option of adding the single coil to each variation.
Not what I would do personally but it could be done fairly simply albeit a little messy. A super switch or a rotary would be cleaner, but I am the last person that would dissuade anyone from trying to make their vision work for them.

Read up a little and practice some soldiering (if you're not too proficient yet) on some old radios or what not and give some good old trial and error. Here's a good place to start http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/howitallworks.php
Message me if you get hung up and I can do a little foot work for you. But I'm sure you can make it work with a little help and some reading.

ReplyQuote
 j31
(@j31)
Topic starter  

unfortunatly i dont have the cash to go buy some old radios and paractice my soldering, and the switches are all normal sized nothing mini about them

ReplyQuote