Clear all

2 songs

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

heres two more songs, one that didnt work last time and one i wrote on the weekend at a party ;)

http://artguitarhendsbee.dmusic.com/

(the 2nd and 3rd are the same but only the 3rd works)

Posted : 15/08/2006 4:42 pm
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

I really like the Acoustic G - shows some nice chops!

The Acoustic Jam - I found it to be a little on the choppy side - you don't sound comfortable playing it like the 1st one.

But - you have great chops - I'd really recommend you practice with a metronome to get your timing down.

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

Posted : 15/08/2006 9:09 pm
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

thanks , what is a chop? i psoted that before but it wasnt answered...yeah the second one was a bit newr but sill fun to paly.

Posted : 15/08/2006 9:29 pm
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

"Chops" is a slang expression meaning you have good playing skills. It sometimes means you can play fast or for an extended period of time - but I use it to mean "You play very well"!

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

Posted : 15/08/2006 10:37 pm
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

wicked , tyvm, can you direct me towards one of your posts?(songs i mean)

Posted : 16/08/2006 2:56 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

hey I think that stuff sounds pretty good, I agree with somee other people that the timing isnt so consitent on the acoustic jam. The G one sounds a lot smoother. The solo at the end is good, you still hear the melody. Nice stuff.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 16/08/2006 5:24 pm
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

thanks, so to imporve my timing play the song some more witha metronome?

Posted : 16/08/2006 5:51 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

Ya i dont have a good metronome but my friend does and its really easy to keep time when listening to one. They dont have to beep either his just did a steady drum beat and it makes recordings sound a lot better.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 16/08/2006 9:28 pm