Notifications
Clear all

A new song in open D

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I have an idea, but I am not sure what you mean with the word 'intro'. ??

I have been jamming with my lap steel while listening. maybe you could fit it somewhere.
oh, I did make a track for that other song you posted a ways back. it was in open G.

actually, the song is fine the way it is. I should not need to butt in.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 06/08/2008 2:41 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Mr Lewis. Was good to hear some new stuff from you. Its been a while sine I last tuned in. I may have t take a trip over to the Sunday Songwriters Club. Good stuff mate!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 09/08/2008 4:23 am
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member

hello vic! long time no chat my fellow northener! i havent been on here in an age! the track is really good mate your voice has got a lot stronger since i was last on,good work man!

Gary :-) :-) :-)

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

Posted : 19/10/2008 8:07 pm
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member

hello Vic - i enjoyed your post - i also enjoyed checking out your tunes - are all the ones posted origninals? Great stuff,
dale

Posted : 20/10/2008 6:11 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Vic

I have a Canadian mate who has this saying , " Tres Cool Man "

And this is , " Tres Cool Man "

Very nice mate , well done

Trev..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 21/10/2008 9:01 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

hello Vic - i enjoyed your post - i also enjoyed checking out your tunes - are all the ones posted origninals? Great stuff,
dale

Well thank you for your kind words, Dale!

"The Chain Song" was a collaboration in lyric writing with a lot of other GN members - add a line, pass it on to someone else to add the next line. Most of the people involved were Sunday Songwriters Group (SSG) regulars, although Nick Torres and Chris C were also involved. I added the music.

"In Her Purse" was something similar - the original idea came from Pearlthekat, several people added a verse here and there - I tidied the whole thing up a little and added music.

"Theology 101" - lyrics by David Hodge, for an SSG assignment. A Sunday Composers Group assignment around the same time was to take someone's lyrics from an SSG song and add music - I picked this one.

"Accordion" - lyrics by Straycat, music by me. Another SSG topic.

"Mid-life Crisis Male Menopause Blues" - a writing collaboration with Blueline (most of the lyrics are his) and Chris C (who didn't actually contribute to the finished product, but did get the whole thing kick-started and suggested a few ideas.) I added the music.

"Mother Carey's Chickens" came about as a result of a backing track Smokingdog posted in the "Jams and Collaborations" forum - I added slide guitar in standard tuning.

"Vigilante Man" is the old Woody Guthrie song

"Cindy Incidentally" is an old Faces song, as is "Stay With Me" which is under "Jam Session."

Sha-la-la-la-la, Freedom's Song, Back On Track, That's All Right, The Art Of Conversation, Beauty Sleeping, Under Open Skies, Devil In The Boy, I Never Believed, Stars, If You Don't Tell Me, Constant Chameleon, Blood On Your Hands, Masquerade, and Devil's On The Loose are all originals - each and every one inspired by a SSG assignment.

Blink Of An Eye and Screw The Neighbours are originals - both of them inspired by MSN conversations with GN members! BOAE - Dave C, STN - Grunge Sunset.

Nothing I Can Do - another original.

Now I only have another 88 SSG songs left to record!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 24/10/2008 5:58 pm
Page 2 / 2