A Simple Song

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@johnnywhiteshoes)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hey GN,

Over a period of 2 weeks i had wrote some guitar stuff in my manuscript book (i read notes, not a fan of tabs), today i took parts of each thing i made and put it together to make my first song. It is instrumental and doesn't have any singing (yet). I don't have a real name for it but i call it "A Simple Song".

here's the link
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=561797

Enjoy, also critisise please, iv been playing for just over a year and wanna know how you people think I'm going. (NOTE: please don't crit the quality of the sound, i had to use a digital camera with built in mic to record this)

"If you give a man a Les Paul guitar, he doesn't become Eric Clapton. If you give a man an amp and a synthesizer, he doesn't become whoever. He doesn't become us." - Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

Posted : 28/06/2006 9:33 am
(@johnnywhiteshoes)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

can someone please reply

"If you give a man a Les Paul guitar, he doesn't become Eric Clapton. If you give a man an amp and a synthesizer, he doesn't become whoever. He doesn't become us." - Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

Posted : 29/06/2006 1:09 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I have issues with Soundclick on my home PC. I'll try to give it a listen tomorrow on my lunch break. Hope it's a good eatin' song. J/K ! :lol:

Don't worry though, I'm sure others will be along.

A little hint, it can't hurt to listen to other peoples music here and give them your feedback as well.

Have a good one. :)

Posted : 29/06/2006 1:20 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

It kinda sounds like an intro to something at least the first 2/3's of it. Sounds like you play chords and can pick notes but keep working on it maybe add some words, it will help you know better what to do with the music. Don't consider it a finished song, add to it or use parts of it for something else if you can.

Posted : 29/06/2006 1:28 am
(@johnnywhiteshoes)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

It kinda sounds like an intro to something at least the first 2/3's of it. Sounds like you play chords and can pick notes but keep working on it maybe add some words, it will help you know better what to do with the music. Don't consider it a finished song, add to it or use parts of it for something else if you can.

thanks jonetoe, yeah i wanna add to it more, im planning to write some lyrics and add another chord prograssion.

Posted : 29/06/2006 1:36 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I did listen to it at lunch and............ you're onto something there. :)

Clean up the parts you have now and add some vocals and such, and you're golden. 8)

What's the song going to be about?

Posted : 29/06/2006 10:29 pm
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

well yeh :wink: certainly the build of something there, vocals other instuments? who knows what it end up as :) ........i like it , thanks

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 02/07/2006 5:34 pm
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

I really like the strumming/chord progression: simple 3 chord pattern, yet it sounds interesting and gets the job done. Definitely a very good place to build from :smile: My suggestion would be to try some way to put the picked part over the strummed part. It might help you get used to recording and playing along with another instrument. Keep it up :D

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

Posted : 02/07/2006 10:41 pm