ABOUT TIME LIVE IN ACCRINGTON

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

well, now people can hear how sloppy i am on stage :lol:

the songs here were recorded over two gigs, with a simple casette recorder. unfortunately the keyboards can hardly be heard at all as the tape machine was on the floor next to my amp and the drums.

anyway, here are the songs in the order i like.

60's medley - everybody dances to this one - but possibly only because we play it when they're drunk :lol:

mr brightside - it is the only song i play with my fingers, which affects the volume - so i cant always be heard. turned up for this one though

sweet home alabama - believe it or not, when i tried to learn this i searched for it on you tube and found maplebaby's version. i didnt know who it was at the time. I still cant play it anywhere near as well as him.

Sex on fire. i'll hold my hand up here - i screwed up the start. it was the first time we played it and i was a bit confused about when the drums come in - so the start is not good.

jonny b goode. - i love playing it, but 99% if the people here will play it better

mustang sally - not as good as the burnfoot dazzle version by a long way, but i love to play it anyway.

i bet you look good on the dancefloor - i honesty have no idea if this song is known in the US - it is a popular young males song in the UK, i like it, but its a bit too punky for some.

dead mans legacy - not our band - just me learning to use a wah pedal - its been posted here before. I cant sing so i never listen to it unless i am listening to the guitar solo's in the second half (to remind me how much i need to improve)

anyway, hope some of them sound something like they are supposed to.

by the way, i am the only guitarist in the band, so any mistakes, of which there are many, are unfortunately mine. :D

heres the link http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=835776

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 14/03/2009 6:55 pm
(@jase36)
Reputable Member

You sound like a really good band.The recordings have turned out well considering how youve recorded them and a good variety of songs. I thought you sounded fine on the Kings of Leon track, I bet no one in the audience noticed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

Posted : 15/03/2009 2:40 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

OMG you have an organist in the band! I am so envious.
my teenager band had a organ player. a Farfesa (?) it adds so much to the sound.
love Mustang Sally. the second song I learned. the third in our set.

props dudes. need another guitar? :idea:

I heard the bird in the audience yell 'Freebird". classic.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 16/03/2009 10:14 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Para bailar la bamba... It sounds very good! Cool versions. It is funny your comment on Maplebaby song.

Really I don't think I can help as a guitar player but if you need sombody for moving amps and gear, let me know! :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing.

Posted : 17/03/2009 12:08 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks for listening guys.

Dogbite - it isnt actually an organ, he just puts the keyboard on organ setting for some songs. However, our bass player is primarily an acordian player - we are trying to find ways to work that into the set, it'll be fun.

That girl in the audience was yelling for Kylie most of the night to be honest (do you know kylie minogue over there??) - she was very drunk :lol:

Anyway, i would personally love another guitar player up there. Especially one who has a lot of experience who i could learn from. I love playing but i have a long way to go before i can call myself a lead guitar player. If we did have a real lead guitar player or just the sound of 2 guitars up there instead of one then that might be enough to take our sound up a notch.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

Posted : 17/03/2009 12:32 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Sounds like you're having fun . . . and so is the crowd.
Tell us about the band members . . .
you have what?
singer
lead guitar
rhythm guitar
drummer
keyboard

At the end of the 60's medley one of the ladies is asking (the singer?) if he is single . . . :lol:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 17/03/2009 12:45 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Not quite, only 4 of us.

The drummer and keyboard player share vocals, we have a bass player and i am the only guitar.

We all teach in the same school except the keyboard player - he is a journalist (training).

Its a great bit of fun at end of term assemblies, as it is a big (ish) school and they always want us to play - a captive audience of nearly 1000 :lol: we make sure we lock the doors so they cant get out :lol:

oh, and yes, the drunk girl was asking our bass player if he was single - but we are all either married or have long term "ball and chains" - but he was very flattered anyway. He cuts the recordings into the separate songs - im not surprised he left that bit on 8)

Posted : 17/03/2009 1:53 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow Al groupies and all...you are my new idol!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 17/03/2009 2:30 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hey Nuno - i just visited my soundclick for some housekeeping and saw your picture.

our first fan :D
thanks

Posted : 17/03/2009 3:30 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes Sir! :D

I'm ready to prepare and organize the fans club! 8)

Posted : 17/03/2009 3:40 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'd like to be the 1st US member and I assume that comes with free admission to all shows and front row seating.

Posted : 17/03/2009 3:45 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Al good stuff there. The beginning of Sex on Fire was a bit off but overall it was good. But my favorite was the dead mans leagcy.

Are you crazy man..you have a good voice and definitely one you should use more and that was a very nice solo in there too.

Good stuff.

Posted : 17/03/2009 11:24 pm