Atmospheric Gandalf

Notifications
Clear all

Atmospheric Gandalf

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I posted this as part of another thread of mine but I didn't get any replies. I was fooling around with the keyboard the other night and came up with this. Someone from work gave me a copy of Fruity Loops and I LOVE this program! The sounds that can be made are AWESOME! Anyway, this is mostly a "backing track" I guess. I want to add some guitar to it...maybe something with a little tremlo or phaser in it. I was playing mostly chords but threw in a short melody toward the end. I got the name from the effect I used in Fruity Loops (Gandalf) and just put "Atmospheric" in front of it.

If you have any ideas on what I should add to this please let me know.

Thanks

Atmospheric Gandalf

Posted : 14/09/2006 8:20 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

That's pretty cool sounding, Mike. And aptly named, too. :D

I'm sorry I don't know what to suggest though. You probably just have to play around with the guitar awhile and you'll come up with something.

Maybe some unusual percussion and rattles could "come and go" within the piece.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 14/09/2006 9:28 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

That is very cool sounding, relaxing too. It sounds like it belongs as the soundtrack to a documentary about Space. hah. No joke. Cool stuff mike.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 17/09/2006 10:49 pm
(@Anonymous)

Thanks Margaret & Taso...honestly I didn't expect to get much positive feedback :shock:

Posted : 17/09/2006 11:17 pm
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

Definitly showing some creativity Mike. I really suggest some Edge like guitar lines, with some delay. That would definitly set it off.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

Posted : 18/09/2006 5:24 pm