Clear all

Battlefield of Hope (rock)

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Enough pop for now, this is my attempt at rock. Comments very much welcome! Again at http://www.myspace.com/sleutelbosmusic
Battlefield of Hope
Will you trust the doctor
When he says that it's the end?
Will you hear the priest
When he tells you to repend?
I guess it's all too late
It's all too late for us

Did you hear the clown cry
When the cameras fade to black
Did you catch the last words
Of the man who broke his back
I guess it's all too late
It's all too late for us

Posted : 06/08/2008 2:03 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Somewhere something went wrong, myspace somehow changed the mix or something. :? Re-uploaded, should be back up in a few minutes, hopefully right this time.

Posted : 06/08/2008 8:57 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Cool song sounded alittle like Muse not that I listen to their stuff often and a little Dutch rapping?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/08/2008 9:26 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ooh, how emberassing, the 'rap' part is in English. :oops: Sometimes I wish I hadn' t sneaked out of English-classes so often. But thanks for listening and glad you liked it. :)

Posted : 06/08/2008 9:51 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Were's the dark stuff? Geez...I'm gonna stop buying your albums if you don't get back the dark and gloomy stuff I've come to love. :lol: Good stuff man...Good to hear your doing rock!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 09/08/2008 4:09 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, the thing I'm working on in the studio is the darkest and gloomiest thing I've ever done so I'm trying to balance things to keep my sanity. And besides, I've yet to receive a single cent from you, punk, so you're either gonna change the attitute or dig deep when I'm done with the album. (and if you go for the latter I'll go right back to calling you Sir, free of charge)

Posted : 09/08/2008 10:19 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

There ya go.
Music served up with an attitude 8)
I love it. :wink:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 09/08/2008 1:01 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Well, the thing I'm working on in the studio is the darkest and gloomiest thing I've ever done so I'm trying to balance things to keep my sanity. And besides, I've yet to receive a single cent from you, punk, so you're either gonna change the attitute or dig deep when I'm done with the album. (and if you go for the latter I'll go right back to calling you Sir, free of charge)
:lol: :lol: (...I had to change my depends adult diapers from laughing so hard)

Ya know, I would have thought the founder of the most famous band in the history of music, the mighty Sleutelbos, would be more sympathetic to his audience. That's it man. I'm going to listen to my Jordan Sparks CDs from now on. :lol: :lol:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 09/08/2008 3:12 pm
(@alangreen)

I thought it was really good, nicely balanced and the solo was just the right length.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 09/08/2008 9:54 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

Hey buddy its been a long time. Wow I remember the first song you posted with vocals a year or so ago, you've gotten very good at singing. I really like the tone of your voice, it kind of reminds me of the lead singer of radiohead. A little constructive criticism, there are many times when your holding a note that are prime opportunities to go up into your falsetto, as much as I listened to you stayed in your chest voice.

Sounds great though, your a very versatile musician.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 09/08/2008 10:36 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Now that's what I'm talking about! 8) You are a master of all styles Arjen! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/08/2008 6:37 pm