81 Users
0 Likes
270.6 K Views
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hotel California...... My first tune to feature barre chords :shock:
Well done, Simon
I'm going to put that on my list of songs to learn.
I'll have to find a YouTube "How to Play Hotel California" video.
Again, well done. I liked it.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 28/04/2008 12:44 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

Great round of vids guys and gals..
Well done Joe on your first vid, your voice suits the song, your thumb picking and strumming was really good,what a great start :D Looking forward to seeing you progress!
love the improv Clau, you can do lead playing and rhythm :mrgreen: I'm so jealous!
I'd never heard Dust in the Wind before the videos on here.. so I looked it up on youtube - hilarious! The dude with the hair and the beard playing the violin with the faraway look in his eye cracked me up :lol: I think I prefer you guys doing it!
OTHAFA looks so hard to play but Dylan you're getting it, don't let it drive you mad tho..!
And Simon, way to go with those barre chords - not a dud note! and perfect rhythm as always.

Posted : 28/04/2008 1:23 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Lots and lots of different versions of Dust in the Wind
I went to YouTube to find the one you mentioned.
I think I found it. Kansas Dust in the Wind Live Unplugged?

Anyway, here's a (Romanian?) group, Scorpions, that rocks it out a little.
Each band member is a unique character. I would love to talk to each one of them.
I like their take on it. Adding the drums makes a difference.
(The chicks dancing in the crowd are nice too!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyY7kw0lbpM

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 28/04/2008 3:29 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Yeh Ken, but what a cop-out - not a hint of Travis picking - ha! although I agree about the 'chicks' in the audience, groovy man... :lol:

Jenny, OTHAFA IS driving me mad... I had a day of resignation but then thought there's no reason why I shouldn't get it...eventually...nearly packed the guitar away in it's case.

This is absolutely awful, but what's the point in waiting 'till it's note perfect - it would take all the fun out of beginners videos (remember that everyone) :roll:

Sort of Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 28/04/2008 4:27 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Not awful at all.
Picture this:
A dark moon . . .
And it is in its waxing stage.
The full moon is the stage at which you rock.
Well, with what you just did, you got to the stage where the moon is now lit
(a sliver mind you, but it is lit)
The beginning of a journey towards rockdom.

Posted : 28/04/2008 4:51 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Key

I'm sure you mentioned something about being delusional - or maybe I just imagined it... :wink:

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 29/04/2008 7:09 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I'm sure you mentioned something about being delusional - or maybe I just imagined it... :wink:
Was bad. Got censored. Need meds. Send Help.

Posted : 29/04/2008 10:25 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Ah, bring back the right of free speech I say.... :roll:

It was a little close to the mark, but I didn't think it was as bad as IGFYITA?

Can we still sing songs about banning bombs and taking mind-bending pharmaceuticals?

Peace man!

D 8)

Posted : 29/04/2008 2:48 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Seriously, send help.
They've locked me in the forum dungeon. :(

Posted : 29/04/2008 2:58 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Ken

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

Is this what it's like in the Forum Dungeon...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ap5K_YqESA

Remember Ken, always look on the bright side of life...

Rock on!

D 8)

Posted : 29/04/2008 5:00 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Wow, that's really funny Dylan, I just finished recording that, to see how it sounded and sent it to a friend of mine. She seemed to enjoy it, so I may post a video here.

Tomorrow evening I'll post a couple of things that I've been working on a bit, but still need alot of work. Maybe even the Always look on the Bright Side of Life Song.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 29/04/2008 5:10 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Fwee Wogaw The Wascawwy Wabit!
Fwee Bwian!

Ahhhh, the classics. I digress. Back to your thread.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 29/04/2008 5:19 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Oh, that video of Hotel California was pretty cool, I wish I could play that.

And of course all the other videos on here are great as well. This has got to be the best forum that I've seen for beginning guitar players.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 29/04/2008 5:23 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

$*#@S^ . . . .%@!.. (break in transmission)
Have to tap message in binary
DungeonKeeper doesn't understand binary, computer does
DK doesn't know binary from his butth
Zaaaaaapppp
Owww!!!
For the love of sweet ..!
Zaaaaappppp
Arrgghhhh!
Mercy! Mercy!
Send help! Call my wife.
*#@)hR#C. . . .*%Gw!> (transmission restored)

Posted : 29/04/2008 6:14 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

:? I dunno whats goin on with you Ken but hope someone takes you out of your misery soon..?!
Heres the video I found for Dustin the Windows.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hkbdP7sq0w8 :lol:
Musically I liked the version by scorpions, but visually it wasn't quite so funny! That guitar is amazing though.

Dylan don't get bogged down! I know the feeling.. I get to the point where I've practiced something for a while and feel like I almost have it and it just needs continuous practice, and I wonder whether I need to push through at the risk of getting incredibly frustrated and hating the song forever, or leaving it unfinished for the time being and hoping that coming back refreshed will make it easier at some future point..

:twisted: For the last little while I've been working on one of Davids lessons, Riders on the storm, which has a variety of Em shuffles which I got pretty hung up on getting down so I can play it at a decent speed.. well i got really sick this weekend, with some virus and a fever, and for a day and a night of semi-consciousness I've had a loop of shuffle no. 2 playing feverishly in my brain.. I think I have to leave this song for a while before I can stand to play it again after that! :evil: how annoying, i thought I was getting somewhere with it at last, although maybe I'm just imagining it.. must go check my temperature again..!

Posted : 29/04/2008 8:40 pm
Page 29 / 73