Clear all

Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.6 K Views
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

They better let you bring your guitar in. You can tell them it's essential to the development of your baby. And that you've been singing and playing to him/her and find that it's very calming. :D

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 26/05/2008 2:50 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

:lol: I'm not sure my roommate would be of the same opinion, Joe :mrgreen:

Right. I'm cheating here, because I posted a bit of Everybody Hurts before (moooonths ago!), and there's been no improvement; but like I said, I haven't been practising anything much. And... It is now official.

I still can't do barres.

I can use my camera though - woohoo.

Enjoy :? It's in two parts.

http://media.putfile.com/EH-may08

http://media.putfile.com/EH-may-08

Posted : 30/05/2008 4:14 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

HEEEELOOOOOOOOOO Isabelle

Sweeeeeet. I actually thought you had a string missing 'cos of the different coloured pegs.... :lol:
The guitar is known in the trade as a 'classic' - I remember in the good ole days, what, about eight months ago this was one of your fav tunes.... Glad to see your not beating me on the dodgy barre chords yet.... excellent! :D

Okay, I think we know each another well enough...and I'm not a master in these things, but the guitar sounds a little out of tune.. :wink: but hey, what do I know.... welcome back, it's great to see and hear you again... absence etc etc....but that bloody putfile is a bit of a pain with it's popups - it tried to spoil your performance.

Is the electric still out of order, or haven't you been paying the bills?

And I like the empty post...always leaving us hungry for more.... :roll:

Rock on Issy & Co.

D 8) x

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 30/05/2008 5:32 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

No no no, the guitar isn't out of tune AT ALL.

It's called 'Isabelle Tuning', I'll have you know.

Anyway, what are you still doing on the Beginner's Thread, Dylan? ;)

Posted : 30/05/2008 5:38 pm
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Hi Isabelle,
Really good of you to take the time to post especially when you must have other (more pressing) things on your mind :D

Your picking sounds much cleaner on that 'pre-loved' acoustic than your electric. Nice tone!
Whilst it feels a bit weird for me to be giving advice to others about guitar technique I did notice that you were trying to play the barres with the fleshy part of your index finger. Roll the finger a little so you're pressing on the strings with the bony edge of your finger and you'll be barring like a champ in no time :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 30/05/2008 6:45 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Right. I'm cheating here, because I posted a bit of Everybody Hurts before (moooonths ago!), and there's been no improvement; but like I said, I haven't been practising anything much. And... It is now official.
I still can't do barres.

Impeccable timing.
Very good chord transitions.
No wonder you like that song.

I do bars.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 30/05/2008 8:26 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

No no no, the guitar isn't out of tune AT ALL.

Awe, now I feel really bad... :oops: I must be my hearing. It sounded bootiful, really...
Anyway, what are you still doing on the Beginner's Thread, Dylan? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 31/05/2008 3:39 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Derek

Welcome to the Beginners Videos thread...

I read your potted biog - have you been playing for 7 months, or just playing slide for 7 months?

I don't know anything about slide guitar - the sound is great though and can set all kinds of moods in all different types of music.

Just a question - NOT a criticism at all. On your video I can hear the slide buzzing along the windings on the strings - is that just how the microphone has picked it up or do you use different strings for a slide guitar. I realise if you're playing a complete song with just a bit of slide added then the strings have to stay the same.

Rock on!

D 8)

Posted : 04/06/2008 11:18 am
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Derek, nice video. I hope i'm that good in as little time as you've been playing

Jack

Posted : 06/06/2008 8:59 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I still can't do barres.

Impeccable timing.
Very good chord transitions.
No wonder you like that song.
+1

Isabelle, don't worry about barre chords, you'll do them.

Just a comment, it is possible it helps. As everybody I had lot of problems with them. I started to play some blues progressions. As you know the most used chords in blues are 7ths and usually they can be played with only two fingers and the barre. These three-finger-chords help me with the barres.

Nice video Derek ;)

Posted : 12/06/2008 3:18 pm
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Derek, nice video. I hope i'm that good in as little time as you've been playing

JackThanks Jack for the nice complements but really I'm terrible.

You want to hear terrible wait till i've posted some of my stuff on here. If it makes me cringe it must be bad.

Jack

Posted : 17/06/2008 9:11 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

clau, you now share your birthday with...

my son!

Pierre was born yesterday 12.09pm my time
4kgs - 8lbs 13oz
all well

Don't worry Folks, no video :)

Posted : 18/06/2008 3:53 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Congratulation, Izzy!
And welcome to planet Earth, Pierre.
It's a little blue planet on the edge of a far flung galaxy.
They have something called beer here. You'll like . . . later.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 18/06/2008 11:37 am
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

:D :D BIG CONGRATS Isabelle!
Hope it all went smoothly and you're both feeling well!

Posted : 18/06/2008 11:43 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! Now the real work begins. :|

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/06/2008 12:11 pm
Page 33 / 73