Forum

Beginner's videos

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Beginner's videos

Page 48 / 73

(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Hi everybody, I had I little time to check out your video today, NICE WORK, keep rocking!

I also had the time to record myself a little video.

I played the Intro of Tears in Heaven, by Eric Clapton, wonderful song (sad, but wonderful...)

Here it is, just 2 days of practice, so there may be some little errors

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Well done Claudine!

The intro and the verses are just slightly different. Keep learning that song! It is pretty nice and easier than it seems.

:D

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

Wow Claudine - and a face to go with the talent, finally!

Nice work everyone and I left comments on the youtube videos - Simon is WAY too modest but I suppose otherwise he might run the risk of being mistaken for a pro

For all those who have not yet exposed themselves on video : Come over to the Dark Side! And you thought running an orange light was a rush

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
(@simonsays)
Trusted Member

Claudine, that was great. Two days practise! I Wish my fingers were as agile as yours, they're fairly flying over that fretboard :D

Stella, thanks for your kind words but dont worry because when I post my next video there will be no risk whatsoever
of confusing me with a pro

My guitar teacher has a scary ability to pick songs for me to learn that seem to concentrate on whatever aspect of technique that I'm currently struggling with When I groaned in frustration over E shaped barres he gave me 'Hotel California'.....
Now i'm really finding the A shaped barres hard. Demanding. Tricky. Impossible. He's just given me the acoustic version of 'Layla' to learn It sounds so laid back when EC plays it but its so, so hard to play. I can only sound about one chord in every three I'm thinking of posting a series of videos covering the learning process for this nightmare of a song.

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Honorable Member

Hey Claudine

Excellent - I love that tune. I tried learning the intro about six months ago, but then went onto Led Zeps Over the Hills and Far Away - I then ditched those and learned Horse with no Name - I think I got that one sussed

Ah yes SImon, I forgot you've got a flesh and blood guitar teacher - sounds a taskmaster but is paying dividends. I think it's a great idea about doing a build-up video, but you must start showing the problems you have with the chord and transition structures (and the tune of course) - we expect singing also..

Stella - nice idea trying to get people to move to the dark side, but I think asking them to expose themselves on video is going to get you into all sorts of legal proceedings... :)

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi everybody, I had I little time to check out your video today, NICE WORK, keep rocking!

I played the Intro of Tears in Heaven, by Eric Clapton, wonderful song (sad, but wonderful...)

I'll say one thing:

'Pfwoarrhhh'.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I'll say one thing:
'Pfwoarrhhh'.
Izzy, the eloquence of your post is only exceeded by its brevity.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Honorable Member

I'll say one thing:

'Pfwoarrhhh'.

Indeed, I think we are all indebted to Izzy for clearly stating what needed to be said...
Not only was it authentic French/Berkshire gibberish but it expressed a term of speach little seen in this day and age...

Rock on!

D 8

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@jenny-b)
Trusted Member

+1!
Well done Clau that was really good. Methinks there are beginners, and there are beginners.. I would love to be a beginner and not a beginner!

I nearly bought another guitar today, despite not being able to play the 2 I have already! It was a classical guitar that was only €50, in the local Lidl shop (for our transatlantic friends, thats a dirt-cheap german grocery store thats taking over the world;) Luckily I managed to talk sense to myself.. still kinda want to go back there and get it tho! :D

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Jenny, thanks for the tip! I didn't know you can find guitars in the Lidl!

ReplyQuote
(@jenny-b)
Trusted Member

:D I think you can get just about anything in Lidl if you catch them at the right time! Right now, they also have mixing desks, electric guitar with an amp, I could also buy a complete drumset for 399 euro.. so tempting if I had the cash altho things get reduced drastically after a week or 2 sitting on the shopfloor.. so there' s still time! Imagine having a full drum set.. think I would soon be divorced.. altho my very own drumset would lesson the pain somewhat!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

. . . and the beat goes on . . . .

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

I'll say one thing:

'Pfwoarrhhh'.

Don't really understood what you meant, but anyway, :P

Thanks for all the comments

and congratulations for your new guitar Jenny.

You made me think... I also have a "new" guitar (since 3-4 months, so it's not brand new like you), and I didn't use it for the video! I'll try to find time to do another song with my Strat... I'm working on Sunshine Of Your Love right now, nice song!

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I'll say one thing:

'Pfwoarrhhh'.
Don't really understood what you meant, but anyway, :P

I think "Pfwoarrhhh" is pronounced like this

ReplyQuote
Page 48 / 73