Clear all

Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.8 K Views
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

OK my son told me not to record the following song as it would totally blow my coolness factor - hahaha :roll: but went ahead and did it anyway of course... for any of you that have recently waded thru Horse With No Name parts 1 and 2 and are looking for another 2 chord song to practice on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP2uGykJjY4

Am missing black bar across my eyes... maybe should have worn sunglasses instead? :roll:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

Posted : 19/10/2007 3:42 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

MAN you're getting thru a huge amount of songs! I might even try that one myself, looks easy, minus the arpeggio tho.. :oops: not quite there yet.. still working on 'nothing else matters' that you've inspired me to try!

Posted : 21/10/2007 4:43 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I can see you've been busy :shock:

I don't know how you lot all manage to strum so gracefully without a pick.

I can't strum to save my life.

Anwyay, I've been trying the Smells Like Teen Spirit solo. Video to follow (as son as I get a chance).

Lucky you.

Posted : 22/10/2007 4:36 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Nice to see all the videos!

Here's my FIRST video and I choose to play a solo (I really like to play and learn solo :) ) by Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi): Wanted dead or alive.

It's like a 3 in one :oops: I took the best part of each video to make only one and that's why there are some strange cut in the video... :oops:

There are still errors, but who cares? :P

Be careful for you ears:

So what do you think? I started to play guitar 1 year and 3 months ago. :roll:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 23/10/2007 11:56 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi all,

Well, it' my two month anniversary of hard labour :wink: , and when you come to put it on video - it just doesn't seem to flow :roll:

I reckon when I've sorted out my barre chords and managed to stretch my fingers a bit more, we'll make real progress.

I've got to stop messing about playing lots of different songs badly and concentrate on playing a couple of songs well. Also need to start learning some theory soon and practicing scales, but it's just too much fun playing tunes... :D

Hope you've got 8 minutes to watch the video, sorry it's so long but it is an Anniversary Bumper Issue!

Enjoy

D 8)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VH5iNepdwyU

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 24/10/2007 8:02 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Clau20 - what do I think of it? I think you shouldn't be on this thread, mate. That was really good (to my standards) ;)

Dylan - the road to stardom is a rocky road indeed. I seem to have got lost on the way, personally. Loved your last vid, keep them coming :lol:

Posted : 24/10/2007 11:47 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Clau20 - another one of those annoying artists with long articulate hands dancing over the fretboard - don't you just hate them.... :wink:

Well done Clau20 - welcome to the fold...your ours now....all ours.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Rock on

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 24/10/2007 1:29 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the comment, nice to see all you progress!

And Dylan, I saw your video, you made some funny comments about you playing guitar :P But you certainly made progress, more than I did in 2 months when I started. And man, that's true, I have some LONG hands :shock: :lol:

Isabelle, you made also great progress and it's nice to see another girl play the electric guitar! Like Dylan said, Rock on :wink:

I thought it was my own

Posted : 24/10/2007 2:06 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

This is me trying to play I Shot The Sheriff (capo and open chords).

Sorry the recording went a bit mad in the middle.

Posted : 27/10/2007 5:04 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

Hey Isabelle, I was just wondering where you'd got to, hadn't heard from you in a while! Well, now I know you were practising hard.. that was great, you've got really precise with your picking and you kept the rhythm going really well. Glad to see it's working for you! 8)

Posted : 27/10/2007 5:16 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Yeah I'm not feeling too great at the moment, I can't find the energy to record much :) But I'm still around :)

Posted : 27/10/2007 5:49 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Isabelle - hope you're feeling better soon...

Really liked your last video, Jenny was right on all counts - your strumming and picking was really consistent and sounded great. You ought to record it again and replace it so the odd bits in the middle don't take away how good it really is. It's worth giving it a nice ending as well. Excellent.

I really need to play a song all the way through - I'm working on a Dylan song and the REM one that you got me into... I may even put my voice to them....Arghhhhhhhh :wink:

Rock on

D 8)

Posted : 28/10/2007 11:33 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Cheers for the nice comments. I'm posting this now and I apologise on behalf of my right breast for trying to be the centre of attention on these vids, I was trying to get my face AND picking hand in frame and this is what I ended up with.

Kurt, if you're online where you are and you read this, all apologies :roll: I think I'll leave that one for now (and by the way, I had to ask what 'bending strings' meant, how embarassing. Thanks Rob/yushi....whatever your nickname is on this forum ;) ).

Oh yeah DB, go on, let us hear your voice. How are you doing with that REM bridge? I still haven't tried it yet, I'm sticking to the intro/verse...

Posted : 28/10/2007 2:11 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Hi Isabelle!

Do you speak french? I heard you say something like "putain" and that sounds french from France :wink: I also speak french, but a bit differently, I'm from Quebec.

I would like to know if you could post the tab of Smells like teen spirit solo? I also play that solo, but not at the same place, and would like to know if it's easier to play like you did. I play it between the 6th and 11th fret.

I thought it was my own

Posted : 28/10/2007 5:11 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

oh dear :( I know how that feels Isabelle.. I have those moments with smells like teen spirit too :oops: the hubby is asking me to stop playing guitar 'cos I just get so angry at it :evil: Going thru a really frustrated phase, hoping it ends soon..

Posted : 28/10/2007 5:23 pm
Page 5 / 73