1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.6 K Views
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Like the new avatar - very sexy - I'm strangely drawn to it.... :wink:

Yes, this is what I do to seduce men. Sexy poses, inviting smiles, sensual pout. Then when they least expect it, on to my
praying mantis move: DUST IN THE WIND meets SCARY MOVIE :twisted: I wonder why they NEVER call :?
Good luck with the electric, I could never make mine sound 'musical' :lol:

I read that and I thought 'Is THAT where I've been going wrong?!!' :roll: I've actually put my electric up for sale. Not sure anybody is going to want it but I wrote the ad very cleverly, so you never know.

I'm sure Dylan is going to do great, he has a GIBSON, don't you know :roll:

Do you have vids of you on the electric, Simon?

Posted : 29/11/2008 12:57 pm
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

[quote="Isabelle
Do you have vids of you on the electric, Simon?

Nope sorry, I pretty much gave up on the electric after a few months :roll: My Les Paul look-alike is just gathering dust in the corner. Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and try and sell it on to someone who would actually use it.

No exciting new developments in the world of guitar for me. I'm still trying to play a clean A shaped barre so I can get on with 'Layla' and I'm also working on 'Road to hell' and Pythons 'Always look on the bright side of life'

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 29/11/2008 6:11 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Yes, this is what I do to seduce men. Sexy poses, inviting smiles, sensual pout. Then when they least expect it, on to my praying mantis move: DUST IN THE WIND meets SCARY MOVIE :twisted: I wonder why they NEVER call :?

And I very nearly asked for your number.... we could have tried to out-DITW each other as the long winter evenings passed and you could have strummed by Gibson (funny name for it, but there we go... :wink: ). Still, it would have ended in tears when I dusted off the tabs for Stairway to Heaven.... :?

Actually, no sooner had I bought my Gibson than someone has offered me double and a bit for it, so I'm probably gonna let it go - credit crunch, mortgage and all that shit, but fear not - I fancy one of those Epiphone things that looks more like an acoustic but with knobs on! Did you notice though I've also got a Yamaha 310, which I am hoping is a solid wood thingy and not laminated like by beloved Stagg.

I know what you mean about 'musical' Simon - I agree that they're more of a lead instrument, but they look cracking standing in the corner of my pad (make sure one of the strings is broken, just in case someone want's a chorus from Layla - or, dare I say it - 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' - my my, what an eclectic taste in music you have.

I have to say that my favourite of yours is still Cinnamon Girl - oh yes, I'm trying that one myself and getting all twisted up with it....

I think my next video for 'Beginners' is going to be a number using a barre (yes, again but a bit better this time) and, and harmonics - yeh!!!!! Then a couple of open chords songs on the Buskers.

Okay, off to mess around with Drop C tuning now and yet another Neil Young - I'm thinking of recording the whole After The Goldrush Album - probably be sued to the hilt by his hoards of fans, but hey, Rock and Roll....

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 30/11/2008 2:51 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats on those guitars Dylan! I've been away some days, too. Did you already send the pictures? :wink:

Posted : 02/12/2008 3:05 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Why do my silly posts always end up at the top of the page? WHY? :roll:

Bit quiet here... Not making much progress on my side, still playing the same things over and over... I still suck at barres, but hey I'm trying.

I'm not quite sure what to try and learn next. I quite like the challenge of fingerpicking WITH barre chords. The Partisan has a couple of barres but I'm getting a bit bored with that one, I'm looking for something else to practise on. Any suggestions?

Posted : 05/12/2008 2:13 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Why do my silly posts always end up at the top of the page? WHY? :roll:

Because your the Queen of BV and we all fall to our knees and worship you, I'm thinking epic like Cleopatra....

or maybe your just unlucky... :roll:
I'm looking for something else to practise on. Any suggestions?

Y'know I have the same problems - with barres that is, so I'm hammering out the same tunes just waiting for the day when I'll be able to dance up and down the fretboard with the dexterity of a sixteen year old... but that will never happen I don't think... :cry: Maybe go back to your original favourite by REM, a bit of finger picking and a barre chord section. Anything with F, G and B barre's - and let's face it - there's bloody hundreds of the darn things... :roll:

Or if you actually mean finger picking barre chords - Urghhhh - tried that once - 'orrible.

Just keep plugging away - I reckon after another year I might just about get the gist of them.

I'm going to post a vid next week - not sure where though. It should be in the beginners videos because I'm using a plectrum for the whole song which will be a first, but, it's a cover so it should be in Buskers...Ooooh the choice.... :?

Rock on Issy!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 05/12/2008 3:51 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

How about a Christmas song, Izzy?

DB did Silent Night last year.
How about giving it a go?

Here's the link to the lesson from David Hodge:
https://www.guitarnoise.com/lesson/silent-night/

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 05/12/2008 4:10 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

I'm going to have a go at The First Noel...

It's sounds really cool and loungy - I'll soon sort that out! :lol:

What are you going to do Ken?

Rock on!
D 8)

Posted : 05/12/2008 4:27 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Well, you know me, DB.

I think my ideas are so good, I'm going to follow my own advice . . .

It is going to be :note1: Silent Night :note2: for . . . . ya'll . . .

only after I'm done with it, you'll be wishing it was . . .

a truly silent night. :mrgreen: Ho, Ho, Ho

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 05/12/2008 7:04 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Or if you actually mean finger picking barre chords - Urghhhh - tried that once - 'orrible.

Yes, that's what I meant. Everybody Hurts is still one of my favourite practise songs actually :lol: I'm making a point of fingerpicking the barre chord parts instead of strumming it and believe it or not I still can't get it right after all this time... I have to admit it is improving though. Albeit veryyy sloooooowly.

As far as your new songs are concerned, I say see how it goes with the pick, if it's good enough for Buskers, go for it! It's not like you're new to that thread, is it :twisted:
How about a Christmas song, Izzy?

DB did Silent Night last year.
How about giving it a go?

Here's the link to the lesson from David Hodge:
https://www.guitarnoise.com/lesson/silent-night/

KR2

Hmmm... I thought about Chrismas coming up and I was trying to find something a bit different, so a little while ago I started looking into The Pogues' Fairytale of New York (the British/Irish among us get it morning, evening and night every year in every public place they go to from Dec 1st to Dec 31st). I can play the intro. Yay. Not that it really involves any proper chords anyway, so that kind of defeats the object.

So yes, Silent Night, why not... Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the weekend. All I need now is put up my Christmas tree :roll:

PS- Just realised I have exactly 11 days to learn it before I go away. Thanks for the challenge :|

Posted : 05/12/2008 9:16 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Hello my friends!

Right now, I don't have the time to play guitar... University, lot of works and study! LUCKY you who have the time! :wink:

But, it will end in a week, and I got my Christmas gift yesterday (It's not Christmas, but my boyfriend bought almost the samething for him and he wanted to use his own so he was not able to wait :lol: ), I wanted to show you!

I now have a pedal! Digitech RP 250, with MANY different sound and many drum beat so I can Improvise on a backing drum track.

http://www.digitech.com/products/Multi-Effects/RP250.php

DEMO (If you don,t see the pedal, click on Pedal View)
http://www.digitech.com/products/Multi-Effects/Flash_Demo/RP250Demo/RP250Demo.php

I'm SO happy :D

Have a nice Christmas time everybody!

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 07/12/2008 6:20 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats on that new toy! :D

I think I'm in your same team, I don't have too much time to play...

Posted : 07/12/2008 9:17 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Have fun with that Clau :D

K - don't know if I'm going to get more time to video this so might as well go with this one. I'm really enjoying learning that, thanks KR!

http://media.putfile.com/SileNicht

Let me know if the link isn't working - I had a funna error uploading the file and I still haven't figured out how to install the Active X thingy so can't check if it's working properly.

Posted : 09/12/2008 1:49 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

The link works but there is no video.

Why don't you try Photobucket?

That Putfile place loads the videos so slowly . . . when it works.

Your friendly neighborhood . . .
KR2 man

Posted : 09/12/2008 3:15 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

'Twas two weeks before Christmas, nothing was stirring, not even a PutFile... :D

Sorry - just a bit of season humour... :roll:

Rock on!
D 8)

Posted : 09/12/2008 8:53 pm
Page 50 / 73