Clear all

Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.6 K Views
(@navi93)

hi there, 1st time poster, ive been playing since mid march

well anyways heres a link to some stuff ive made up, its bits and pieces though of 1 of the song ideas i have...but some of it towards the end is improvised though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJdMf4xC-6U

oh and by the way, im self taught, never have seen a teacher before(music teacher that is) and barely knew what a chord was until 3 months ago, but since then ive practiced my ass off and i think ive gotten pretty good for a short time, oh and it keeps on stopping because it was recorded using the "record a sound" option from the windows start menu, using earphones as the microphone, but the quality is passable I think

Posted : 21/07/2009 6:38 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi navi93

:lol: I do like these names - my Mum taught me mine from a very early age.. :roll:

Well, if you were feeling dejected and left out of the beginners videos loop, then rightly so!!!! Where are all you fellow beginners to give a boost to first time posters :?

Hello... is there anybody out there, can anybody here me... yeh, ok, it's a friday and I've had a beer, but, seriously... :lol:

I just thought to myself - what's going on in beginners videos, opened up a bottle of beer and sat back to watch a brand new video of a beginner and...THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED BY THE USER!

Were you inundated by screaming hoards of whatever you fancy and record label bosses wanting to get their hands on you - or it was crap! :?

Either way, we want to hear. Don't keep us in suspense....especially after practicing your 'donkey' off! :roll:

As for me, two years in September so I suppose I should do an anniversay compilation.... :|

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 31/07/2009 4:41 pm
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member

I really don't want this post to die :shock:

It's been a fantastic inspiration, and I'm determined to get off my ample butt and add some video in the next 7 days. Hopefully that will encourage other newbies to post as well.

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

Posted : 07/08/2009 8:10 am
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

I don't want this post to die either :cry:

but we need FRESH BLOOD :twisted:

Welcome aboard bkangel- to you we pass the torch - I have no one to blame for my absence but the fact that guitarnoise quit notifying my about updates on this thred :twisted: and that I've been playing guitar for 2 yrs 10 mo which I don't think makes me a real beginner anymore.

I finally got to a point where I don't mind playing in front of others (and trust me, sometimes you just have to lay your guitar on people - waiting for requests will get you nowhere). Singing AND playing, especially while dealing with stage fright is as it will ever be a work in progress :roll: Videos were and still are an awesome start :wink:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

Posted : 03/09/2009 10:22 pm
(@nomadicshadow)

I'll post a video. I'm new here. How should I do it - Youtube? or is there easier ways?

Bob Dylan -shelter from the storm?? yea

Posted : 01/10/2009 2:50 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Some of the braver people use YouTube.
Others use sites like http://photobucket.com/

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 01/10/2009 12:03 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Wow - I got away for FIVE MINUTES and you let the thread die? :roll:

I bet you all play like real pros now, and I'm still way behind. Currently learning... Comfortably numb! Haha. I'll have some time next week to post a vid, if my mic works (getting that Microsoft cam really was a mistake).

I hope you're all doing okay.

Take care.

Posted : 16/10/2009 1:14 pm
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

If you are adventurous, you can check out JAW's site for info how to create a great video by using your webcam for the video, and plugging your guitar straight into your computer (if you have an electric / acoustic-electric).

http://jaw.iinet.net.au/stuff/makevideo.html

It is not that hard... but the first time through will be a little slow going through all the settings.

Maybe... just maybe... I will be submitting by first video here soon. Maybe. :)

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

Posted : 16/10/2009 1:55 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

I bet you all play like real pros now, and I'm still way behind.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well hello Izzy, welcome home.....

Do you know, my right arm becomes uncomfortably numb nowadays when resting it on the edge of my guitar at a certain angle.... which is ironic as this may be the title of the next video extravaganza we are going to get from our illustrious founder. :wink:

I am thinking that the sands of time are running out for my guitar playing although I still have a couple more video nasties up my sleeve before I throw in the towel.... I've started playing golf so I may give that my undivided attention... :?

Anyways, all these young pretenders threatening to upload videos - where are they? C'mon, stop dragging your heels, let us all have a good laugh and remember the good old days... which for me actually isn't a lot different to today :D

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 17/10/2009 1:23 pm
(@analoghaze)

I am just learning this instrument.
This is processed through a Kurzweil Mangler and a Pair of Moogerfooger phase shifters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ssG4mJmmo

Posted : 08/11/2009 3:10 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Really cool instrument! And the video is very funny as well.

Welcome to GN :D

Posted : 09/11/2009 10:14 am
(@dd61500)

Okay, okay. I've procrastinated long enough. I picked up the guitar a few months ago, and this thread has really given me a lot of encouragement. So, here's my little addition: Drive You Home by Garbage. Probably should have played it faster, but I think its passable this way. Singing's a bit rusty too, so go easy!!

http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy126/burning_giraffe001/?action=view&current=clip-2009-11-17175613.flv

Gott weiβ ich will kein Engel sein

Posted : 30/11/2009 5:09 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very good! :D

You sing very well, you have a very nice voice! It is not easy to play (fingerstyle!) and to sing simultaneously and you did it! Probably you made a couple of mistakes but it can be easily fixed.

I like the tempo, I don't think you should have played faster.

I like it very much. Keep practicing and keep posting!

And welcome to GN!

Posted : 30/11/2009 9:50 pm
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

dd (can I call you dd?) that is :shock: awesome - I mean, all Shirley Manson has to do is stand there and sing.

Now singing AND playing has to be one of the hardest things to learn :roll:

And you're not afraid to get in front of the camera and share your music which has to be the other hardest thing :twisted: And like Nuno said, you have a lovely voice too :mrgreen: very easy on the ears...

Next step: youtube! and then the world! :lol:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

Posted : 30/11/2009 10:35 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Stellabloo, where were you? I didn't watch one of your videos in the last months! :D

I hope you were well!

Posted : 30/11/2009 10:49 pm
Page 63 / 73