Forum

Beginner's videos

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Beginner's videos

Page 63 / 73

(@navi93)

hi there, 1st time poster, ive been playing since mid march

well anyways heres a link to some stuff ive made up, its bits and pieces though of 1 of the song ideas i have...but some of it towards the end is improvised though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJdMf4xC-6U

oh and by the way, im self taught, never have seen a teacher before(music teacher that is) and barely knew what a chord was until 3 months ago, but since then ive practiced my ass off and i think ive gotten pretty good for a short time, oh and it keeps on stopping because it was recorded using the "record a sound" option from the windows start menu, using earphones as the microphone, but the quality is passable I think

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Honorable Member

Hi navi93

I do like these names - my Mum taught me mine from a very early age..

Well, if you were feeling dejected and left out of the beginners videos loop, then rightly so!!!! Where are all you fellow beginners to give a boost to first time posters :?

Hello... is there anybody out there, can anybody here me... yeh, ok, it's a friday and I've had a beer, but, seriously...

I just thought to myself - what's going on in beginners videos, opened up a bottle of beer and sat back to watch a brand new video of a beginner and...THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED BY THE USER!

Were you inundated by screaming hoards of whatever you fancy and record label bosses wanting to get their hands on you - or it was crap! :?

Either way, we want to hear. Don't keep us in suspense....especially after practicing your 'donkey' off!

As for me, two years in September so I suppose I should do an anniversay compilation.... :|

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member

I really don't want this post to die

It's been a fantastic inspiration, and I'm determined to get off my ample butt and add some video in the next 7 days. Hopefully that will encourage other newbies to post as well.

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

I don't want this post to die either

but we need FRESH BLOOD

Welcome aboard bkangel- to you we pass the torch - I have no one to blame for my absence but the fact that guitarnoise quit notifying my about updates on this thred and that I've been playing guitar for 2 yrs 10 mo which I don't think makes me a real beginner anymore.

I finally got to a point where I don't mind playing in front of others (and trust me, sometimes you just have to lay your guitar on people - waiting for requests will get you nowhere). Singing AND playing, especially while dealing with stage fright is as it will ever be a work in progress Videos were and still are an awesome start

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
(@nomadicshadow)

I'll post a video. I'm new here. How should I do it - Youtube? or is there easier ways?

Bob Dylan -shelter from the storm?? yea

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Some of the braver people use YouTube.
Others use sites like http://photobucket.com/

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Wow - I got away for FIVE MINUTES and you let the thread die?

I bet you all play like real pros now, and I'm still way behind. Currently learning... Comfortably numb! Haha. I'll have some time next week to post a vid, if my mic works (getting that Microsoft cam really was a mistake).

I hope you're all doing okay.

Take care.

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

If you are adventurous, you can check out JAW's site for info how to create a great video by using your webcam for the video, and plugging your guitar straight into your computer (if you have an electric / acoustic-electric).

http://jaw.iinet.net.au/stuff/makevideo.html

It is not that hard... but the first time through will be a little slow going through all the settings.

Maybe... just maybe... I will be submitting by first video here soon. Maybe. :)

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Honorable Member

I bet you all play like real pros now, and I'm still way behind.

Well hello Izzy, welcome home.....

Do you know, my right arm becomes uncomfortably numb nowadays when resting it on the edge of my guitar at a certain angle.... which is ironic as this may be the title of the next video extravaganza we are going to get from our illustrious founder.

I am thinking that the sands of time are running out for my guitar playing although I still have a couple more video nasties up my sleeve before I throw in the towel.... I've started playing golf so I may give that my undivided attention... :?

Anyways, all these young pretenders threatening to upload videos - where are they? C'mon, stop dragging your heels, let us all have a good laugh and remember the good old days... which for me actually isn't a lot different to today :D

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@analoghaze)

I am just learning this instrument.
This is processed through a Kurzweil Mangler and a Pair of Moogerfooger phase shifters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ssG4mJmmo

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Really cool instrument! And the video is very funny as well.

Welcome to GN :D

ReplyQuote
(@dd61500)

Okay, okay. I've procrastinated long enough. I picked up the guitar a few months ago, and this thread has really given me a lot of encouragement. So, here's my little addition: Drive You Home by Garbage. Probably should have played it faster, but I think its passable this way. Singing's a bit rusty too, so go easy!!

http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy126/burning_giraffe001/?action=view&current=clip-2009-11-17175613.flv

Gott weiβ ich will kein Engel sein

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very good! :D

You sing very well, you have a very nice voice! It is not easy to play (fingerstyle!) and to sing simultaneously and you did it! Probably you made a couple of mistakes but it can be easily fixed.

I like the tempo, I don't think you should have played faster.

I like it very much. Keep practicing and keep posting!

And welcome to GN!

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

dd (can I call you dd?) that is awesome - I mean, all Shirley Manson has to do is stand there and sing.

Now singing AND playing has to be one of the hardest things to learn

And you're not afraid to get in front of the camera and share your music which has to be the other hardest thing And like Nuno said, you have a lovely voice too very easy on the ears...

Next step: youtube! and then the world!

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Stellabloo, where were you? I didn't watch one of your videos in the last months! :D

I hope you were well!

ReplyQuote
Page 63 / 73