26 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

There you go jason that worked. Sounded great

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 04/01/2008 12:32 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

There you go jason that worked. Sounded great

Excellent. I updated the original post to point to the fixed file. Thanks!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 04/01/2008 1:35 pm
(@classic_rock_kid08)
Trusted Member

I used a Dean Evo XM, if you wanna see it, go here
It's funny that all those people on MF were saying the pups are terrible. Well there's your proof that a $99 guitar can sound AMAZING. All I did was adjust pickup height and tuning of course.
I had a pro teach me to set up humbuckers to be the ultimate sweet spot on most guitars.

I wanna see if you can guess what type (Tube, SS, and possibly brand) of amp I used before I tell you. I just want some honest answers, I'll tell you why after you make your guess. I only paid $99 for this amp, because I got it from a friend used. It is a fairly inexpensive amp and they don't sell it anymore.

I used an Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal. That only cost me $99 too.

That's all I used to produce and modify the sound.
This proves that cheap gear can sound professional, you just gotta know what you're doing :wink: :D

Music is one of the most powerful forces on this planet, why not put it to use?
Brandon Pace
http://www.brandonmpace.com

Posted : 08/01/2008 10:28 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I'm a firm believer in $99 guitars :D I have a Squier '51 ($99, what I used on this track) and an Epi LP ($149 new, I paid $115 on Ebay).

I'm terrible at guessing amp sounds. If you only paid $99 for it, you got a great deal.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 09/01/2008 2:28 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I had a pro teach me to set up humbuckers to be the ultimate sweet spot on most guitars.

Is this something you can let us in on, or is it too difficult not in person?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 09/01/2008 4:50 am
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member

Sounds fantastic guys! Great job!

Posted : 09/01/2008 6:29 am
(@classic_rock_kid08)
Trusted Member

k well the amp was a fender cyberchamp all solid state modeling amp. Pretty good at the modeling IMO.

I think I can take a pic and show you how to do the humbuckers.
The heights that I was shown are just the optimum tonal heights. (You'll see what I mean when I show you)
It has worked on 3 guitars so far for me. Of course, pup heights are technically up to you, but I prefer more usability over custom height.

Music is one of the most powerful forces on this planet, why not put it to use?
Brandon Pace
http://www.brandonmpace.com

Posted : 10/01/2008 1:57 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

k well the amp was a fender cyberchamp all solid state modeling amp. Pretty good at the modeling IMO.

I think I can take a pic and show you how to do the humbuckers.
The heights that I was shown are just the optimum tonal heights. (You'll see what I mean when I show you)
It has worked on 3 guitars so far for me. Of course, pup heights are technically up to you, but I prefer more usability over custom height.

Thanks, man! I can't wait to see. I've never really found an optimum. I've found better than bad, but not sure about optimum. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 10/01/2008 3:23 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Well there's your proof that a $99 guitar can sound AMAZING when played by a awesome guitarist
FYP sir

Just listened to this and everyone sounded great. CRK, yours really blew me away, extremly well done, loved it. Hope to hear more of you in the future.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 19/01/2008 3:49 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great job everyone! Some really tasty licks all over this one! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/01/2008 4:01 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Lovely job guys

Sounds great

Cheers
Trev.. :wink:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 10/02/2008 11:44 am