Clear all

Bristol (by Blueridge) acoustic

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mr-bloke)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Well, my new acoustic arrived this week. It's a Bristol (Blueridge's budget brand), and for a guitar that retails for around $200 it seems quite good.

I spent a little while this morning with a cheap dynamic mic hooked up to my Line 6 Pod Studio, improvising something quick and simple on my new Bristol. Not the cleanest recording in the world, but I am quite pleased with the guitar's tone. Thoughts/opinions/critique of the recording are welcomed and appreciated:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1070452&songID=11498964

Cheers,

Johnny.

Posted : 11/03/2012 9:37 pm
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Good, really good. How many guitars am I hearing, 2?

Posted : 12/03/2012 6:53 pm
(@mr-bloke)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you for the kind words, Rocket Dog!

To answer your question about the number of guitars in the recording:

I recorded it very simply, over two tracks in Audacity. The rhythm part is incredibly basic - just open E, A, D strummed on the down-stroke and picked on the upstroke. I recorded two minutes of that and then overdubbed an improvised lead/melody on top, based upon E maj pentatonic at the 7th fret, and bits and bobs from the relative minor C#m pentatonic at the 4th and 9th frets.

So, two tracks, which I guess = two guitars!

Posted : 12/03/2012 8:47 pm
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

I've just listened to it again, great laid-back feel to it. Some good guitar playing there as well.

Posted : 13/03/2012 10:30 am