couple of bass covers

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hey GNers,

I've been gone for a while and missed the forums. I have been busy moving and changing jobs.
The good thing about the move is I'm getting my recording area set up. Thought I would share a couple of videos I recorded last week. I had just learned Epitaph when I recorded it, so there are a couple of mistakes. I also have a couple of spots in separate ways where I play an A instead of a B, I just heard wrong when transcribing.

Epitaph - King Crimson
Separate Ways - Journey

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 31/01/2011 7:16 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hey Jeff, good to see you back. Nice groove on both tunes. I never heard the 'Crimson song before, at least I don't think I have. It was pretty good and your playing was good throughout I thought. I didn't pick up on the mistakes you mentioned, but perhaps it's hard to do so when you hear a song for the first time.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 01/02/2011 12:20 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Long time no see you, Sir! :D

It sounds good. I only heard Epitaph, I will do the other later. One of my favorites and absolutely sad :D

Roy, it is part of this CD. I remember when my friends and me listened in the vinyl LP...

Posted : 02/02/2011 6:36 pm