Clear all

Fairy Rings

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hey this is a new song im working on. Its been rolling around in my head for awhile now and its about ready for the last part. I'll add at least one more movement before its done, im not sure where.

http://www.myspace.com/deepfreeze123

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 08/06/2007 9:22 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Thats great mate

I would love to hear a softly played acustic behind you playing that ..

Great playing

Trev

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 09/06/2007 1:10 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well it's short and sweet, and like Barnabus, I think I'd like to hear something behind the mandolin....but it's nicely played all the same. Maybe the projected second movement could include acoustic? But then again - you have to go with the muse don't you....nice work, DNeck!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/06/2007 9:59 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

A fingerpicked acoustic guitar would sound really nice with this one. I had a friend play with me during the first part once, I might try to write that tomorrow it could really thicken it up. Maybe i'll get the third part pinned down also. Thanks for the comments and suggestion, I think i'll do it.

I've actually got quite a few songs that are nearly done i'll probably post up here in the next few weeks.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 10/06/2007 3:14 am
 tree
(@tree)
Trusted Member

Nice work! Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff.

so many places that are hard to see
so many places that aren't
so many places we want to be
so many times we are not

Posted : 10/06/2007 6:59 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I think it is the first time I listen your music and I like it! Very nice! It is a little sad but also it transmits a path to hope. I really like it.

I agree, I'd add another instruments, perhaps an acoustic guitar or even some strings...

Nice work! :D

Posted : 14/06/2007 3:59 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

transmits a path to hope Im glad you liked it and said that, the third movement is very uplifting, it'll be done in a few days. Thanks.

-Chris Thile

Posted : 14/06/2007 4:29 pm
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Acoustic or maybe a string section? Its lovely but a little lonely.

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.

http://www.gerrycooper.com/

Posted : 15/06/2007 5:35 pm