Clear all

fingerpicking...kindof

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@usaf_chrisa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Well, this is definitely a rough draft, however i like it a lot. I felt like making a nice soft song that had a few chords as well as a cool finger picking pattern. I think it's alright, any input is appreciated!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=591951

one on top called Classical style!

enjoy

Top 3 albums of all time:
1. Abbey Road
2. Dark Side of the Moon
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Posted : 05/12/2006 10:42 pm
(@ab0msnwman)
Estimable Member

I liked it a lot, the opening I found to be especially good. I would say tighten the whole thing up a little bit and give it some more structure as a song (if you are going for that) and it could be fantastic.

The opening chords though, I really enjoy them and the ending is a nice touch kind of bringing it together.

Posted : 06/12/2006 6:11 am
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Really nice, man. I really liked the intro too (not to mention the rest of it) because it had that odd-time signature feel to it. I counted it out and it came out to 8/8 (3+3+2), but it had that interesting rhythmic grouping.

And yes, definitely fingerpicking, no worries ;) Not 'sorta' fingerpicking. If you're thinking it's not like Travis picking or something, just call it 'finger style' guitar. I've heard that term used for different finger picking things. :)

What tuning were you using? Whatever it was, it had that nice, soothing sort of out in the woods (or in your case maybe flying through the skies) kind of vibe.

Good job. Keep doing what you're doing - seems to be working out great :)

Best regards.

Posted : 06/12/2006 12:57 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Wow Chris, that's a very pretty song! 8) I love the mood you set with the chord voicings. Great job. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 07/12/2006 1:39 am
(@usaf_chrisa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys! It's nice to hear good things about something you wrote :)

I'm still working on it because I find it a bit repetitive at times. I was thinking about maybe adding another instrument, or like a lead guitar part to play a melody over the whole thing. Maybe a nice mellow bass line?

I played it on my regular acoustic instead of my classical guitar (cheapo 3/4 size one). I put a capo on the 4th fret because i find that key to be my favorite for this song. Thanks for the replies!

Top 3 albums of all time:
1. Abbey Road
2. Dark Side of the Moon
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Posted : 07/12/2006 2:34 am
(@llynix)
Eminent Member

Nice.. although definitely repetative. I would try to mix it up a little, and maybe try to add a little better lead part to it.

One man, one guitar, one website, one ditty a day. - http://onedittyaday.com

Posted : 07/12/2006 10:56 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

hey would,nt a nice angelic female vocal bag this big time...really like this ..smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 07/12/2006 1:26 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Yah a voice, or like when I was listening to it, it was real easy to imagine a violin in there - or both.

Kinda hard to find a violinist though - or a nice soprano - but you never know.

Posted : 07/12/2006 4:31 pm