Clear all

Follow the money

13 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Well maybe i'm on a roll, maybe not. Anyway feed back always welcome good or bad
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=510935

Now why is it you ask the worlds the way it is

and how come you see war and crime and homeless kids

How come when your drivin someones always on your a#s

Their rushing to their deadline and wastin lots of gas

So now i'm Following the money thats what I do

follow the money, you'll find the truth

follow the money, from bottom to top

follow the money, you'll learn alot

Now how come when I need a loan to start up my own business

they tell me I can't have it cause I don't have any money

I tell em thats why i'm here they all thought that was funny

and they said come back when your rich we'll give ya lots of money

CHORUS

Now how come when I turn on TV i come to the same conclusion

with commercials givin you their best lines to sell their illusions

So I surf the channels to see if I could find something pleasant for my sight

Its the hot chick on the news tune in at eleven for information that could save your life

CHORUS

Posted : 22/06/2006 12:58 am
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

hey not bad man I like the guitar. The song feels very old and familiar.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 22/06/2006 3:05 am
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Sounds good.

The nightwatchmen would be proud.

Bonus Points to anyone who knows what I'm talking about.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 22/06/2006 3:27 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

DO YOU KNOW IF THIS WAS 1960 AND WE GOT YOU ON AT A FESTIVAL YOU WOULD BE IN THE MONEY! 8) NICE ONE. THANKS

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 22/06/2006 11:10 am
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

nightwatchmen from visions of johanna?

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 22/06/2006 3:32 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

nope...

hint: the nightwatchmen has been in 2 major us bands, and is known as the nightwatchmen for his solo activities. The first band he was in disbanded after the turn of the century, and his new band was the first american band to perform in cuba since like before World War 2 or something.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...

Posted : 22/06/2006 3:38 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Hi Jonetoe, I really like this, good job!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 22/06/2006 4:30 pm
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks folks, I started writing this tue afternoon and finished it wed nite (had a couple days off) It think it's a little sloppy in some parts next time if I attempt another one I won't rush it. I tried to fit to many words in the last verse

BTW...night watchman doesn't ring a bell but the cuba thing does....just can't remember the event

Posted : 22/06/2006 5:38 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I just listened to a few other tunes on your soundclick, I really liked your mrs. robbinson.

The band tht played in cuba was Audioslave, whose bassist, guitarist, and drummer, were members of Rage Against the Machine, before Rage's vocalist flew the coop. Because Rage was a highly political band, and Audioslave is not, Tom Morello, the guitarist, continues his political battles in his solo identity "the nightwatchman". If anyone watch the news about that tree in L.A or whatever, where they were taking people out of it in a cherry picker, Tom was their doing a concert the night before. Appearanly the protest is to keep the tree.

Now this is semi-relavent to you, because that song delt a lot with the issues that Tom writes about, abusive capitolism, money is in charge, etc.

Now you know! Keep writing good music.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...

Posted : 23/06/2006 4:10 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thats right audioslave :idea: I like them. I been meaning to try a cover by them the one that goes "it doesn't remind me of anything" I like that song.

I don't know how radical I am I would say its more cynical. I should try to write a happy song but none come to me :wink: Thanks for listening to mrs robinson even though i'm a bit embarrassed by that song :oops:

Posted : 23/06/2006 5:34 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Nice tune :D The truth was told 8) --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 23/06/2006 7:28 am
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Thats right audioslave :idea: I like them. I been meaning to try a cover by them the one that goes "it doesn't remind me of anything" I like that song.

I don't know how radical I am I would say its more cynical. I should try to write a happy song but none come to me :wink: Thanks for listening to mrs robinson even though i'm a bit embarrassed by that song :oops:

The song title is actually "Doesn't Remind Me" and its a nice sounding song. "Be Yourself" is also a personal favorite. And Audioslave isn't political like Rage, so and the lyrics pertain more to life itself. Plus you can sing it, where rage is a more say/rap it deal. I like both bands. Good luck with the cover, and don't be embarresed about Mrs. Robbinson, I listened to it like 5 times it was so good. :)

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...

Posted : 23/06/2006 10:50 pm
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Even if someone doesn't like the music rage does they do it great I like to crank it up when its on. Audioslave brings the same great players and a great singer without the same themes.

I have to say that music in general started becoming a bit old too me, it seemed recycled after a while. So maybe thats why I bought a guitar too become a maker instead of a listener

Thanks for the name of that song, and the mrs robinson comment

Posted : 24/06/2006 2:37 am