Clear all

FunkE

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Here is a little thing I wrote, it started out as just a very bassy E major chord plus bassnotes and i added a chord progression and bsed a solo, it sounds pretty good.

http://www.myspace.com/deepfreeze123

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 23/07/2006 4:00 am
(@johnnywhiteshoes)
Trusted Member

thats awesome, i love the hearty acoustic feel, top stuff

"If you give a man a Les Paul guitar, he doesn't become Eric Clapton. If you give a man an amp and a synthesizer, he doesn't become whoever. He doesn't become us." - Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

Posted : 23/07/2006 4:05 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Really nice. I like it. Could be longer. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 23/07/2006 5:20 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Sounds really good! I agree about the length, though. Just before the end it had the sound/feeling that you were about to climax but, then it ended.

Posted : 23/07/2006 1:48 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool stuff, and it might indeed have been somewhat longer. Minor suggestion: your lead playing is somewhat 'constant', you might want to leave a bit more room here and there. Your choice of notes is fine but it kinda sounds like one big lick. So play less for a longer period of time, that'll leave some room for a big climax. :D

Posted : 23/07/2006 2:06 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

yes haha the solo was total bs, i just thought it need something to fill it in. I need to get a 2nd part for the chord progression. I can't decide whether to make this an electric song with a bass doing the bassline or leave it how it is and use a mandolin lead. Ill probably actually write the lead at some point too heh

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 23/07/2006 3:08 pm