Slot 5 4:10-end = Dan T.

Team 1: Jam
Slot 1 0-1:04 = Mesa Monster
Slot 2 1:05-2:06 = Steve S
Slot 3 2:07-3:08 = Lars
Slot 4 3:09-4:09 = Taso
Slot 5 4:10-end = Vic Lewis

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/09/2008 10:35 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

awesome guys.

Vic, I don't think I've ever heard you play lead before :P Really good job buddy.

On an unrelated note, Vic, what was that song you wrote about a sailor setting in at a port? I really liked it, can't remember what it was called, do you have a link for it?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 05/09/2008 9:43 am
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Wow guys! Great stuff!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 05/09/2008 2:14 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

awesome guys.

Vic, I don't think I've ever heard you play lead before :P Really good job buddy.

On an unrelated note, Vic, what was that song you wrote about a sailor setting in at a port? I really liked it, can't remember what it was called, do you have a link for it?

Thanks Taso - and I've heard your part on one of the other teams, if I could play one quarter as well as you I'd be happy!

Ummm - think the song you mean might be "A Sailor's Song"....it was an old Sunday Songwriter's Group assignment. It was on my soundclick site.....but I took it off to re-do it, and lost the MP3 when my old computer blew up. I might still have an MP3 somewhere, I'll have a look for it. I do remember Smokehouse doing some cool harmonica on that track.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 05/09/2008 4:36 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Team 2's jam just added. :)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/09/2008 11:04 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Team 1's jam added. 8)

Dan

Posted : 06/09/2008 2:41 am
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Well done everyone! I really enjoy hearing all the different styles and interpretations.

Posted : 06/09/2008 3:55 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well done everyone! I really enjoy hearing all the different styles and interpretations.

That's what I enjoy most about these jams - all the different styles etc. It's always interesting to hear different players, especially if you've never heard them before. Trouble is, every time I think my lead playing's improved a bit, I listen to everyone else's part and think, "wow, there are some REAL players on this site!" The good thing is, it's not the least bit discouraging - rather, it makes me want to work even harder!

Dan, thanks for hosting - and sorry for being a PITA over the team 1 part. Hopefully it's sorted now.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/09/2008 12:04 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

A nice bunch of bluesy guitar tones! 8)

Congrats everybody!

Great work.

Posted : 06/09/2008 12:47 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

nice job team 2. lars, love the way you went at this, especially the rhythmic first verse you've got going there, really cool.

and way to go team 1 everyone sounds real good.

mesa seriously I'll say it again, you're just sick. Really awesome man, your tone is the best I've ever heard. What's the secret?

steve really nice job too

edit: lars with another great solo? totally awesome, great sound.

vic, where you been hiding at? Seriously I think this is literally the second time I've heard you play lead and it sounds incredible. great slide work

Posted : 06/09/2008 1:19 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Well said, Boogie.
Congrats all!
:)

Don

Posted : 06/09/2008 1:30 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

and sorry for being a PITA over the team 1 part. Hopefully it's sorted now.

No worries Vic, that's why I send out a preview mix before going live now. I want everyone to be happy with their parts. Thanks for your extra help on team 1. 8)

Dan

Posted : 06/09/2008 1:44 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Very cool guys 8)

Thanks for putting up with us Dan!! Great work.

and thanks Taso - it's always a pleasure to hear you play. And I agree - mesa, you have a realy nice tone here!! Cool slidework Vic!

I really like Falcon1's part too.

I'm always interested in how the parts are recorded.

Me?
on team 1 - fender telecaster, behringer compressor/sustain - straight into the soundcard
team 2 - Epi Dot straight into sound card

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 06/09/2008 8:35 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm always interested in how the parts are recorded.
Me?
on team 1 - fender telecaster, behringer compressor/sustain - straight into the soundcard
team 2 - Epi Dot straight into sound card

And for me.....

Team 1 - Telecaster, bridge p/u, Cube amp on Brit Combo setting with scooped mids, reverb about 1/2 way, gain on 3/4, standard tuning, brass slide.
Team 3 - as above, but Tweed setting, gain on full and no slide!

I've found with the gain on a high setting, I can get just the right amount of distortion at a low volume, without having to use the rectifier or metal settings.

I thought there was a nice contrast between the clean tones and those who used more distortion. Particularly impressed with Fleaaaa's spot - first time I've heard him, for some reason. Nice playing AND tone! But I truly enjoyed everyone's playing on this - including, for once, my own. Even though I had to follow Taso!!!!
vic, where you been hiding at? Seriously I think this is literally the second time I've heard you play lead and it sounds incredible. great slide work

I've been practising - A LOT - and working hard. Nice to see it's showing. Still nowhere near where I'd like to be, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely. A few years back when I joined GN I knew about half-a-dozen chords and thought I knew everything. I've learned a HELL of a lot since then, and realised in real terms I know next to nothing.

Another thing I've found is that by just using one guitar (since I bought the Telecaster just over a year ago, I've hardly played any of the others) for everything, including slide, when I pick that guitar up it feels like part of me, like it was meant to be there, like it was a natural extension of my body! And I hate putting it down once I've picked it up!

Vic

Posted : 06/09/2008 9:16 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I'm recording using a 12 dollar computer mic from radioshack. Unfortunately, my tone suffers quite a bit, because it sounds sweet to my ears, but then over the computer, not so good. But, I can't put money into anything better, so it works well enough for these jams.

Posted : 06/09/2008 11:37 pm
Page 1 / 2