Notifications
Clear all

GN Summertime Blues Jams - New Jams Added

28 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

For mine (Team 2), it was Squier '51 w/ GFS pups -> Little Big Muff -> Boss EQ -> Blues Jr. Original track is 25% to the left with a send to a track 25% to right that has different EQ and 30ms delay.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 07/09/2008 2:12 am
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I'm always interested in how the parts are recorded.
Me?
on team 1 - fender telecaster, behringer compressor/sustain - straight into the soundcard
team 2 - Epi Dot straight into sound card

And for me.....

Particularly impressed with Fleaaaa's spot - first time I've heard him, for some reason. Nice playing AND tone! But I truly enjoyed everyone's playing on this - including, for once, my own. Even though I had to follow Taso!!!!

Well I have only played in one other jam, dogbites "My dog has fleas".

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Really enjoyed Mesa monster and Lars what were those jazzy chords you were playing at the beginning of one of the jams?

together we stand, divided we fall..........

Posted : 07/09/2008 11:03 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Lars what were those jazzy chords you were playing at the beginning of one of the jams?

^ Was wondering the same thing, I loved it.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 07/09/2008 11:32 am
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Thanks guys - it's one of the very few jazz tricks I know (sometimes I feel that's all my playing - cheatin', foolin' and stealin' :lol: )

I9 IV13(or something) V13(ditto)

In E
I: xx6777
IV: xx5677
V: xx7899

Or I9 IV7-5 V7-5

In E
I xx6777
IV x4545x
V x6767x

Attack each chord from the fret below or above - et voila

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 07/09/2008 7:37 pm
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member

Just going to echo everyone else in saying great job to all involved (especially you, dan!). Really enjoyed listening to these, and I did enjoy my first time taking part in it, despite not having enought time to really get my part down too well! :)

Posted : 07/09/2008 9:00 pm
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member

Great job everyone! Really enjoyed hearing all the different takes as well as taking part. :)

As for my equipment, I used a battered Yamaha guitar with old strings (don't know the model) went straight to the computer through a guitarport with one of the presets.

Posted : 07/09/2008 11:25 pm
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

I remember I was using my 20+ year old Squire Strat (with some 4 or 5 month old strings) and I know I was going through my Zoom G2, but can't remember the G2 settings. I'll start keeping track of that in my recording info.

Posted : 08/09/2008 12:54 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I used my Epi LP Standard into my Korg ToneWorks set on "stack".

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 08/09/2008 9:18 pm
(@mesa-monster)
Estimable Member

Hi, all you players. Great energy and colour on these various interpretations. I'm not given to false modesty, but in this case I think my part is pretty weak, playing wise. The tone is not bad, courtesy my Epi Sheraton through a Mesa Lone Star. (Not sure about this, as I did my part a very long time ago.)
The blue ribbon has to go to Dan, who did so much work to put all these together. Bravo.
How about a fall jam?

Posted : 09/09/2008 1:09 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

How about a fall jam?

If I host another jam, I think I'll have to put a time limit on it... no more marathon jams! :roll: :wink: I'll see if I can find an interesting backing track. :)

And thanks again to everyone who participated. I think it's really cool to hear everyone's individual takes on the jams. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/09/2008 10:15 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Everybody sounds Great.

Thanks Dan this must have been a lot of work
but the payoff was worth it.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 10/09/2008 11:21 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Everybody sounds Great.

Thanks Dan this must have been a lot of work
but the payoff was worth it.

John

It's a labor of love. :D I'm glad everybody had fun & enjoyed the final product. 8)

Dan

Posted : 13/09/2008 12:08 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Holy crap Vic! Nice playing and great tone. Nice to see some new players. Lee N way to show how to squeeze the riff for all the juice it's got. I'm surprised how much variety you were able to get out of a few licks. Ken, Nice slide work man. Mesamonster's got a little lost in the mix for the first part there but cool playing anyway. Lars, I like your take. I really enjoyed that rhythm intro and playing it into "Summertime" was cool. Fleeaaaa, nice job man. Everybody did really well. It's nice to hear some improvement of everyones playing.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 16/09/2008 5:25 pm
Page 2 / 2